...Register Now »
The Cueing Lab is an in-depth study of how to build powerful touch and language skills into your teaching for greater student and teacher success! A continuation of The Manual Cueing Series.
MarLo Online Courses
MarLo online courses are masterfully crafted by Chantill Lopez and Cori Martinez, both of whom are dedicated teachers, coaches, authors and entrepreneurs. With more than 15 years EACH of expertise teaching yoga, Pilates, meditation, self-inquiry as well as life and business coaching, they offer quality education and experience in each of their courses.
About this Course
In this 6.5 hour course we will learn the different types of verbal and manual cues and what they actually do and DO NOT do for our students, the most skillful approaches to using each kind of cue and the best time to use them.
We will consider how to enhance students’ learning styles, how to leverage cueing to support the very powerful Student Centered Teaching approach, and look at real-life scenarios and case studies. Teachers can also expect to actively practice the cues through a specific feedback loop, which will reinforce the efficacy or lack thereof of each cue so they are better prepared for taking them immediately into their teaching.
This is an interactive online workshop that will expose you to powerful verbal and hands-on cueing techniques you can easily and immediately apply to your Pilates teaching. More than that, however, the course will give you an opportunity to explore how to improve your teaching, accentuate your strengths and experience different ways of making a greater impact on your students in every session.
In the Cueing Lab you will get to watch real teachers go through a dynamic and fun process of examining their touch and their language skills, play with new skills, and strategies with clarity a direction for their teaching AND you'll be able to do this with them!
This course includes:
Verbal Cueing Section
- How our words can change the experience consistently and permanently for our students
- Enhance the learning environment and impact the nervous system
- Word choice and use
- Tone, rhythm, volume and other subtleties
- Learn how to harness and use the power of different kinds of imagery, metaphor, analogy and direct action- and intention- based cueing
- Pinpoint your “graffiti” words and phrases that bog down your verbal instruction and confuses clients
- Learn when and how to use your voice and words in conjunction with your hands for greater client efficacy
- Tools for practicing and improving your cueing
Hands-on Cueing Section
- Learn when touching is appropriate or not
- Clarify different kinds of touch and what they do, how they affect your students ability to sense, learn, and repeat movements or alignment corrections
- Examine professional standards for touching and craft your own
- Learn how to read client responses and reactions and how to correct course
More About The Manual Cueing Series - GET SIGNED UP
If you are among the many, many Pilates teachers who left your teacher training feeling less than qualified -- let alone comfortable -- putting your hands on your students, you ABSOLUTELY need this course. For many of us, it's not just a matter of comfort, but primarily a matter of skill. No one really taught us how, when, and most importantly WHY, to touch.
Co-created by myself, Chantill Lopez, and my fellow master teachers Mercy Sidbury and Anne Bishop, the Manual Cueing Series is a unique education tool specifically for Pilates teachers. We dive more deeply than any other program into Scope of Practice and the intention behind applying touch to teaching.
In this series you will learn a framework for analyzing and applying touch in a variety of situations using:
- your own hands,
- students using their own hands, and
- using props.
You will also discover the subtle yet powerful effects of different kinds of touch -- on different pieces of equipment as well as on the mat - and when and WHY you might use them.
These are very practical manual cueing tools that range from fundamental to intermediate application. You will be able to use them tomorrow, next year, and 15 years from now.
Equip yourself with this knowledge and propel your teaching and confidence forward! Knowing how to touch effectively and simply is one skill that will help set you apart and draw students to you. And we ALL WANT THAT!