About this Course
WHAT DO I RECEIVE WITH THIS CLASS:
- BRUSHES IF APPLICABLE TO THE COURSE
- CUSTOM PAPERS and TEXTURES when applicable
- PIGMENTS (Colorsets)
- ADDITIONAL RESOURCES AS REQUIRED PER COURSE
- ALL RESOURCES ARE DOWNLOADABLE AND MAY ALSO BE STEAMED ON YOUR COMPUTER
- WORK AT YOUR OWN PACE ANY TIME YOU CHOOSE
- LIVE MONTHLY SESSION WEBINARS-WEBINARS ARE ALWAYS RECORDED FOR YOU
- INSTRUCTOR SUPPORT, MODERATION, and CRITIQUE
JOIN ANYTIME AND RECEIVE ALL CURRENT CONTENT
A working copy of Corel(r) Painter™ 2016 or greater is required. Remember that you can download a 30-day trial version of the software to use for this class.
A Wacom Pen Tablet & Stylus- Using a Mouse is not the optimal tool for digital painting
A system capable of running Corel(r) Painter™ 2016 or greater
4 GB of Ram or better Note: For optimum performance, your system should have 8GB of Ram or better
PAINTER SKILL SET-WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW TO DO
•How to create a new Painter document.
•How to use the Brush Selector.
•How to use the Colors Panel.
•How to use the Property Bar.
•How to import a Brush or Brush Category. This is important to know; however, I will show you how to do this in class.
JULY SESSION: INTRODUCTION TO DIGITAL WATERCOLOR- EMPHASIS ON LANDSCAPES AND WATER REFLECTIONS
•Value of Water
•Color of Water
•Fundamentals of painting reflections
•Reflections in calm water
•Understanding the value of reflected objects
•Understanding the color of reflected objects
•Instructor painting demonstration of calm water
•Student exercise paint calm water, paint breeze on water, and show accurate reflections
AUGUST SESSION: Focus on Gradients
This session will focus on the new Express Gradient tool in Painter 2017. Learn how to apply expressive gradients to your paintings and backgrounds.
SEPTEMBER SESSION: Pet Portraits
Pet Portraits! Yes! Finally! Let's have some fun!
You will paint the "Highland Pup" and I will demonstrate how to paint a kitten and a horse. This class also includes some wonderful reference images and a special one taken by Susi Lawson of a thoroughbred horse. Students will utilize the new Glazing and Texture brush technology in Painter 2017.
OCTOBER SESSION: Fall Leaf Collage
Seasonal Fall Leaf Collages! Have some seasonal fun creating beautiful fall leaf collages. This session includes loads of wonderful textures and imagery to use for your collage!
The course represents the final compilation of the Blenders to Brushes Series and will focus on portraits using blending and texture techniques. This course will include a Live Webinar Session.
This is the final course of the year. Students will learn some creative ways to apply texture in their landscape paintings utilizing the new Texture and Glazing brushes In Painter 2017. The landscape theme will focus on winter scenes.
Thank you for in enrolling in Digital Art Academy (DAA)!
By purchasing this course, youare agreeing to these terms for personal or professional use:
- This license extendsonly to the original purchaser and cannot be sub-licensed, resold,transferred or redistributed in any manner.
- Any course you havepurchased from DAA cannot be resold, shared, loaned or redistributed on its ownor used in a product offered for sale where the item can beextracted. Any course you have purchased from DAA cannot be used to create derivativeaction, presets, brushes, digital textures, images you offer forsale.
- You may notredistribute or post any DAA course to the internet for any reason.
- You are, however,welcome to use resources in this course in the creation of your art that youoffer for sale, your client work - personal and professional.
All itemsare copyright of and by Karen Bonaker and Digital ArtAcademy (DAA).
The copyright in thiswebsite Digital Art Academy (DAA) and the material on this website (includingwithout limitation the text, computer code, artwork, photographs, images,music, audio material, video material and audio-visual material on thiswebsite) is owned by Karen Bonaker and Digital Art Academy. Content of thiscourse is not to be distributed without express written consent of theowner.
You may request permissionto use the copyright materials on this website by writing to Karen Bonaker -please use contact form available on the website.
Enforcement of copyright- Karen Bonaker and Digital Art Academy takes the protection of its copyright very seriously.