About this Course
By the time we enter mid- November, you can feel the energy rev into a new kind of buzz.
If you follow the rhythms of the seasons, you know that this is an unnatural buzz, an anxious buzz, the absolute antithesis of how we’re designed to feel and be as winter approaches.
As the trees shed their leaves, we’re meant to release.
As the days get shorter, we’re meant to rest.
As the nights get longer, we’re meant to retreat.
If we allow ourselves to follow this natural rhythm of the seasons, we find ourselves in the most delicious way of being:
Stacks of books.
Music for long evenings.
A candle to hold the light.
Our deep inward turning becomes punctuated by the sheer somber beauty of cold and dark: the mornings when our breath clouds the air, the afternoons when the sun is merely a valiant trickle of light, the nights when we step outside and watch the stars blaze against winter’s cold sky.
It’s all incredibly beautiful and profound: this gift of a season that helps us feel both our smallness and our greatness all at once.
And yet… so often during winter, we do exactly the opposite of turning inward, in tune with the season, nature, the very tilting of the planet itself.
So often, we waste this gorgeous inward cycle, one of the most important to our spiritual growth, by making the mistake of turning outward, into the hubbub of the mainstream holiday season.
We shock our systems with:
• The chaotic energy of crowds.
• The waste and excess of consumerism.
• The old wounds of family drama.
• Physical gluttony that makes us feel sick.
• The insatiable desire-loop of want-get-want-get.
• Rushing where we should be resting.
• Racing where we should be retreating.
The truth is you don’t have to do this. You are absolutely free to choose differently: to create a mystical, heart-opening holiday that is brimming with joy and connection.
It is your choice, to choose this reality, regardless of family obligations, of how “it’s always been done,” of tradition, of society’s sway.
This is yours to choose.
In the next few weeks, from Thanksgiving until the New Years, we’ll work together to create a new kind of holiday.
• We’ll create intention about how you would like to be in this season.
• We’ll create rituals and experiences that bring you to peace and harmony.
• We’ll let go of drama and dysfunction of all kinds.
• We’ll rest and retreat, and allow ourselves to unfold.
• We’ll create spaciousness and stillness, in tune with the season.
Our course begins on November 9.
You will receive your Lessons every Monday and Wednesday, November 9 through December 18. If you get behind , no worries; do the Lessons at your own pace, on your own schedule. You can go back to the material at any time.
As part of this course, you have the option of participating in a private forum where you can share with other Beautiful Souls who seek to create a more meaningful, spiritual, and delightful holiday season.