About this Course
When you think of pastels, do you conjure up the quick gestural work of ballet dancers by Degas? Perhaps you think of the work of Toulouse-Lautrec.There is a long list of well-known artists who have worked in this medium. This lesson will introduce you to some exciting ways to use Digital Pastels while working in Corel Painter 2016 or 2017!
Just at the point the sun begins to set provides us with an opportunity to evaluate the basic hierarchy and values of the prismatic colors created by the sun as it sets. If you get a chance to observe a sunset see if you can match the range of colors in your painting.
The first video tutorial will cover the steps to complete this painting from scratch. Subsequent tutorials will reference a photograph. For your first painting you will not use a reference at all. The exercise is meant to help you use your own artistic license as you develop your first pastel sunset. You may follow my steps in the first video as a guide to help you understand the concepts.
For you final exercises you will use a photo reference to paint from. It is important to note that Painter avails to you and extraordinary array of brushes to use from the basics default variants to the endless possibilities of custom brushes. What is important is that you learn to convey value, texture more than anything else and often times more than not with simply one brush. By varying the size, Grain, and Resaturation one brush can fit all.
I will provide you with many brushes to use in this workshop, you may find that only a handful will suffice. Enjoy!
- A working copy of Corel(r) Painter™ 2016 or greater is required. Remember that you can download a 30-day trial version of the software to use for this class.
- A Wacom Pen Tablet & Stylus- Using a Mouse is not the optimal tool for digital painting. I suggest the use of the Wacom Art Pen for this course which fully supports barrel rotation
- A system capable of running Corel(r) Painter™ 2016 or greater
- 4 GB of Ram or better Note: For optimum performance, your system should have 8 GB of Ram or better
- A headset with microphone is suggested for live session, but not essential to joining a live session.
Exploring the Brushes
What are templates
Paint a pastel sunset painting from scratch
Learn how to convey color, texture with limited brushes
Work from a reference to develope your landscape pastel painting
Work with various brushes and discover how to use current and additional colors as you paint
Class Overview -What Will I Receive For Joining This Course?
- Me! I am here for you during the entire course! Should you have any questions I am more than happy to help you on your digital journey.
- Image Resource files. High quality reference images for your use in class.
- Custom Brushes
- Hours of high quality video which you may download or stream at any time.
Who Is This Course For?
People who love to paint with Corel Painter!
Thank you for enrolling in Digital Art Academy (DAA)!
By purchasing this course, you are agreeing to these terms for personal or professional use:
- This license extends only to the original purchaser and cannot be sublicensed, resold,transferred or redistributed in any manner.
- Any course you have purchased from DAA cannot be resold, shared, loaned or redistributed on its own or used in a product offered for sale where the item can be extracted. Any course you have purchased from DAA cannot be used to create derivative action, presets, brushes, digital textures,images you offer for sale.
- You may not redistribute or post any DAA course to the internet for any reason.
- You are, however,welcome to use resources in this course in the creation of your art that you offer for sale, your client work - personal and professional.
All items are copyright of and by Karen Bonaker and Digital Art Academy (DAA).
The copyright in this website Digital Art Academy (DAA) and the material on this website (including without limitation the text, computer code, artwork, photographs, images,music, audio material, video material and audio-visual material on this website)is owned by Karen Bonaker and Digital Art Academy. Content of this course isnot to be distributed without express written consent of the owner.
You may request permission to use the copyright materials on this website by writing to Karen Bonaker -please use contact form available on the website.
Enforcement of copyright- Karen Bonaker and Digital Art Academy takes the protection of its copyright very seriously.