About this course
Freedom Fashion Signature All-Inclusive Fashion Program
gives access to all of my digital courses plus a monthly coaching session with me on zoom each month.
WELCOME to the Membership Site ENROLLMENT and INFO page.
Are you ready to go from "I can't draw" to knowing you know and have practiced all of the tools and techniques you need to sketch and illustrate your original ideas and designs?
DO YOU KNOW that your creative expression has been waiting too long to come out, and that having support and guidance would make a difference in your life that will last a lifetime? That will increase your self-love, confidence, life satisfaction, creativity and sense of adventure and possibility that you've always known is yours? Is your love for the art of fashion something that is very very strong for you, and yet you can barely even draw the way that you wish you could? Are you feeling so certain that you were meant to learn fashion design and never had this kind of opportunity that could fit into your life at your pace?
Have you been discouraged from furthering your fashion studies by teachers, parents, location, finances, fear???
Can you imagine studying fashion design and illustration from home in an intentionally guided course that you can log into on YOUR SCHEDULE,
Every lesson has discussion areas attached- Acceess to your professor to identify bumps, get feedback, work over those bumps and expand into your fullest capacities sketching and designing fashion sketches and collections?
I COULDN’T DRAW. I didn’t understand how clothes were made. All i knew was that I loved fashion. It moved, it lived, it beeathed... it was about color, texture, craft and culture, people and life.
And now I’m a fashion designer, illustrator, author and professor for now 20 years at Parsons school of Design in NYC. I've taught thousands of students, and even created Parsons' very first online fashion design studio course in 2008, which still runs today!
(to visit/ return to our website and blog. ,click here).
Freedom Fashion teaches college-level , expressive AND professional techniques and resources for fashion design sketching, illustration and design without promoting body distortion and giving you total freedom to explore at YOUR pace, access your teacher when you need, connect with like-minded yet diverse classmates in a cozy community, and learn everything you wanted to know to create fashion art and design with YOUR voice!
Signup today and get immediate access to:
- Freedom Fashion Foundation Design 15 “week” self-paced semester: model drawing, gouache, design drawing, color, mood boards, fabrics, research, illustration, quick sketching) THIS IS THE RECOMMENDED, INCLUDED CORE PROGRAM COURSE
- Model Magic Bootcamp- an innovative, liberating model drawing course that frees you to create more movement, dimension, expression and depth to your figure drawings. INcludes model drawing sketch session videos wtih music and 14 different exercises to get you seeing, drawing, and using art supplies in new ways! (You may want to start with this one to loosen up or come to it later!) THIS IS THE PERFECT CLASS FOR "UNDOING" YOUR FEAR OF ART, LOOSENING UP, AND PREPPING FOR CREATING EXPRESSIVE DRAWINGS.
- Patternmaking Demystified- Patternmaking and Draping course demystifies how fashion garments are constructed, how patternmaking and 3-d draping on a form or even taking garment s you love become pattern pieces . This valuable course helps you create your own patterns, communicate with patternmakers, and build your vocabulary and creativity. You’ll learn the tools and techniques to talk about fashion garments like a pro. THIS IS NOT REQUIRED BUT THE MORE DESIGN-FOCUSED YOU ARE, THE MORE IMPORTANT IT IS. GET FLUENT IN FASHION LANGUAGE AND TECHNICAL FOUNDATIONS!
- About Faces DIGITAL FASHION ILLUSTRATION course for iPad or digital device like android. Learn my top 3 Fashion recommended fashion Illustration Apps and how I use them to create vibrant, expressive fashion illustrations (they are $5 apps, don’t worry). ALSO you’ll learn them while focusing on faces, heads, hair, and features which can be challenging.... but ultimately so REWARDING when you practice ! DIGITAL ILLUSTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED BUT IS AN INCREDIBLE ASSET, PORTABLE, LUSH AND CREATIVIVELY SATISFYING!
- EVENINGWEAR design and illustration course: this course is a 5 part mini course. EAch one-hour lesson discusses how to render major special fabrics: sequins, feathers, sheer, satin, taffetta, lace, and more. ALSO we discuss and develop design sketches and look at construction, texture, highlight and shadow . Explore special fabrics and explore “special” occasion looks and dramatic detailing or silhouettes for your portfolio. ALSO this course features lessons in MARKERS, DIGITAL illustration apps, and gouache and pencils, so you can see how the principles apply to a range of materials. EVENINGWEAR COURSE EXPANDS YOUR VOICE INTO DIFFERENT FABRICS AND SHAPES PER YOUR OWN TASTE.
- Advanced- AUTUMN, KNITWEAR AND OUTERWEAR and winterwear collection course- add warm, cozy, thick and full-coverage looks and outerwear for expanding your vision and portfolio with sketching quickly as well as illustrating collection. WHAT WILL YOU CREATE?
Stay tuned for members-only live events, guest posts, masterclasses, portfolio review sessions, livestream pop-up courses and additional courses too! Meet other fashion creatives and share resources, insights, and inspirations in our TRIBE!
Our private community is for members-only POSITIVE CREATIVES to encourage and support each other to be the very best they can be!Scroll down for testimonials. Fashion luminaries who have been my students included Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough of Proenza Schouler, Tanya Taylor, Fernanda Yamamoto, Archana Rao, Pooja Shroff, MasterG Inda Gayatri Jolly, Ev Bessar, Tatiana Light, and so many more!
Laura Volpintesta, Parson s Fashion Faculty since 1997, has taught draping, sewing patternmaing, portfolio, model drawing, illustration and design from beginner to graduating level students throughout her teaching career. Freelancing in crochet, knitwear, swimwear, menswear, womenswear, childrens and plus size for brands like Target, Blue Fish, Chicos, Bebe, Rocawear,and the Limited. She’s creator of a Craftsy course, and while on the full time faculty at Parsons created their very first online fashion design studio course launched globally and still runs today. She is also the author of the Language of Fashion Design:26 Principles every Fashion Designer should know on Rockport. Laura is passionate about liberating women’s creativity and vision to expression in an empowered way and speaks on body positivity in fashion design and illustration.
to return to visit our website and blog. ,click here.
“To find a teacher in the arts who offers up everything they know and more, and whose sole purpose is to see you ‘fly’- … is extremely rare. Laura is one of those teachers. She set us up for success in so many ways. Generosity, creativity, and encouragement– plus a solid foundation in basic art– were all part of her teaching. I created some of my best work in her Fashion Drawing 1 class and still rely on many of the techniques. I consider myself extremely lucky to have been her student.” -J.Heloise, Fashion Designer, teacher, and Illustrator.
FREEDOM FASHION COACHED ALL-ACCESS ONLINE PROGRAM !
Who am I? Who are you? What is Freedom Fashion Program about?
FREEDOM FASHION ....
....means you are not restrained by unrealistic body proportions or other rules that don't make sense.
...means you are supported and guided, not dictated to, to create and express your unique ideas and style.
...study on your lifestyle pace
....grow a body of work, sketches, collections, color illustrations (portfolio)
...evolve your style and your voice, try new materials and techniques to break out of your rut
... ask questions, give and get feedback in a private group
...means you get the benefit of my experience as a Fashion Designer, Fashion Design student, Fashion Author, and Professor of Fashion Design for 20 years at Parsons the New School for Design in NYC (I created their first online fashion studio course in 2008)
I've worked with hundreds of students and many of them beginners.
Is fashion calling you to become the artist and designer that you can be?... to find out what you have inside and bring it out on to paper, fabric?
I had no idea when I started my fashion studies that I was going to find that it was the artist and craftsman inside me that called me there.
Release your fears, hone your skills, get encouraged, MAKE ART and FASHION, find your voice, own your experience, take it forward.
Just scroll through!
Visit the website: FashionIllustrationTRIBE and subscribe to download free tools right away, such as croquis templates, the "100 Fashion Designs" PDF ebook, "Sketching design details" 30 page PDF guidebook /workbook and model drawing video).
I teach vibrant, quality fashion design and illustration without teaching distorted bodies. We are focused on positive creativity, growth, skill, and curosity. You see, when you have real art skills, you can create beautiful fashion art without relying on long legs or other gimmicks to make it look eye-catching or beautiful. High-level art skills are the secret.
-You fear you can't draw or paint, -----but you have so many beautiful and amazing ideas. (we go deep into art skills and model drawing, fabric rendering, collection design)
-You think you will absolutely bust if you wait one more day to finally take control and get the skills other creatives are learning in the best fashion schools.
-You are ready to tap into your love for art and fashion and design full-force.
-You want to explore art supplies and techniques in an entirely new way and see RESULTS!
- You want to know that you are learning things for a reason, in a specific order, for a specific outcome: to design and illustrate fashion with unique style, confidence and experience.
-You can't wait to meet your unique ideas and expressions on paper, and learn what students in top fashion schools are learning, from your own home.
Working with me, you will learn to:
- Sketch bodies/ models with fluidity and movement for all body types.
- Work pencils, ink pens and gouache/ watercolors, experiment and gain experience. (right now you'll get the digital illustration course also, for free as a BONUS)
- Understand how to match fabric colors to paint colors for a smart portofolio.
- Render fabric patterns, textures and prints with expression and accuracy.
- Create and illustrate design stories for fashion careers or for the sheer pleasure of the ART of fashion.
- Explore sketchbook techniques (quick sketches) as well as final illustrations.
- Learn to discuss fabrics, styles, artwork and garment details.
- Learn to talk about your process and point of view with other students/designers.
- Develop your own style in a cozy creative positive community of fellow learners.
- Create mood boards and fabric boards for different themes and occasions.
- Quick sketch in your croquis book, edit, then illustrate your final choices
- Basic fashion flats: designing individual pieces that work together to make a collection
- Drawing gathers, pleats, collars, sleeves, closures, seams, stitching, and other fine details.
- Putting together a portfolio that shows you off!
Includes the following BONUS COURSES and digital drawing option integration to create an even broader, richer, well-rounded portfolio.
And If you prefer to work on iPad or Tablet instead of analog paint art supplies, you can get a free digital orientation to digital painting through BONUS membership to ABOUT FACES digital fashion drawing course INCLUDED FREE with your monthly membership price
- Core 15 week program Fashion Drawing and Design Foundation
- Evening wear course (add THAT to your portfolio)
- Winter/autumn course (and add THAT collection to portfolio/sketchbook)
- Knitwear course- knits have their own language and feel....(for your portfolio, of course)
- Model Drawing intensive course MODEL MAGIC
- Digital Fashion illustration tools using iPad or digital device
- 6 months of Fashion Sketch Group livestream sessions if you schedule works with ours
- ongoing upgrades with new content every year !
Benefit from my 20 years teaching at Parsons School of Design in NYC and work in the NYC Fashion Industry, as well as as a creative artist, homeschooling mom and musician who is passionate about expression, learning ,improvisation and development!
- YOU HAVE UNLIMITED ACCESS to binge-watch videos and complete all the exercises and projects in a high energy mastermind group of other beginners who want to dive in with both feet and get their fashion drawing and design skills to the next level.
- You'll need wi-fi to access your course materials
- SCHEDULE your monthly timeslot for 40 minute coaching session throughout the 6 months.
- feedback and encouragement from other students
- You can ask and share at any time in the private class community.
IN THE MEANTIME,
Subscribe at FASHION ILLUSTRATION TRIBE to receive, TODAY, a series of first lessons and a downloadable PDF workbook for sketching design details in garments.
- Every step of the way you are invited to share your comments and artwork in the discussion boxes where we can give and get feedback from our cozy classroom community!
- The fashion illustration art supplies kit is not required but highly recommended. Check it out here! Purchase from the link, adjust items in the cart, or print and take to your local retailer.
- Email Questions or substitutions:firstname.lastname@example.org
IN FREEDOM FASHION COACHING ,
You'll gain access to 16 modules (about an hour each of videos, plus lectures and resources links), and be guided every step to illustrating and designing your own first unique fashion collection, in watercolors, with an inspiration board, fabric swatches, and details!
Exercises, projects and demonstrations take you from beginner to......experienced and seasoned with confidence and style.
THESE ARE THE SAME LESSONS I do with my Parsons students!
The lessons intentionally take you from beginner to deep, gradually, and making you feel at ease trying new ways to see and work with your eyes, hands, and art supplies.
YOU'LL BE GUIDED THROUGH LEARNING:
- model drawing, straight and posed
- sketch and customize your croquis for different body types, including your OWN
- professional gouache watercolor techniques
- color mixing/ color matching your paint to your swatches
- rendering textures and prints to scale (making your illustration look like the fabric)
- great art supplies and how you can use them
- technical drawing- stitching, darts, gathers, etc....
- creative feedback community, like- minded creatives!
- mood boards- create some!
- color palettes- create stories with color
- fabric swatches- basic print design - create, create!
- design sketchbook development- develop your ideas
- quick sketching practice in your sketchbook
- using shading to create 3-d form
- designing an original group of clothes
- illustrating your collection
- presenting your sketches
- ask questions! give and get feedback!
Once you "graduate", the next Mastermind Creative Group can go on to finalize design their FASHION PORTFOLIOS..... sketching and designing 5 collections over a , with weekly private check-ins with me to guide and support in a level two class!
For my website homepage, click here!
don't forget to subscribe if you want to get a head start, and to order your art supplies today (about $150) .
Register now to lock in your promotional price today...
Please email me ANY questions at : email@example.com
Author, the Language of Fashion Design, Rockport Publishers (available in Russian, Chinese, Spanish, and French!)
Craftsy.com instructor. Check out my Craftsy class!
Faculty, Parsons Fashion, since 1997, Patternmaking, Draping, Portfolio, Model Drawing, Design, Sewing
Online Fashion Course Instructor/ creator since 2008, Parsons.
Founder, Mentor, FashionIllustrationTRIBE.com since 2013
“I have nothing but good things to say about your portfolio class. You helped me in many ways but one of the most valuable holes you filled for me was on how to organize my thoughts when sketching. Its difficult to harness the muse in any kind of orderly way but your method has served me well. Both in that I came out of Parson’s with a strong portfolio that is single handedly responsible for landing me interviews …but has also cinched the position at two different design firms now… Your drawing and the Portfolio are some of the most valuable things I got from Parsons as a whole. So thanks a bunch. You revved up my engine and Im still travelling on that momentum”- Lauren Jones, Fashion Designer
Laura, your class really inspired me to do all I’m doing. Up to date it was my most valuable class. I’m so glad to reconnect with you as you inspire me so much! I still reference all my drawings from your class!! Lol, I’m even thinking of signing up for your new classes myself…Selina Sutherland, fashion designer
“The videos are so helpful!…And, I was just thinking how lucky I am to be gleaning all of these insights with kids asleep in bed from the comfort of my home”- M.D, Canada
“Teaching isn’t just skill….Laura, your personality makes me feel like I can do anything. I’ve never done this before, and I’ve amazed myself!”-T.R., Australia
Let me introduce you to my book: