...Register Now »
FREEDOM FASHION SELF STUDY 2017 is here. Registration is open, classroom doors open January 15 for the year, with lifetime access! YOU WILL BE AMAZED BY YOUR TRANSFORMATION IN ONE YEAR! Learn what I've been teaching for 20 years at Parsons- with heart. Let's do this!!! You can learn to draw bodies and figures, work with watercolors to create illustrations and details to present your unique fashion stories, hone your skill and really "find your voice" for a lifetime of personal and professional enjoyment.
Laura Volpintesta, Fashion Illustration Tribe
I want to see you come out of your shell! All of those ideas in your head....I'm here to give you the tools, one by one, to bring them out onto paper, in an encouraging environment that meets you one your schedule. I want you to feel safe to create as you grow into your confidence in a playful, exploring, deep way to know what fashion students are learning in my classes for 20 years now at the best fashion schools, but without the debt and pressure. This is where you can get empowered in a place where you are in the driver's seat, and what you feel, think, know and are curious about matters as you develop your unique style and voice to share with the world....or even just for yourself. I want you to never be afraid of a blank piece of paper again....... xoxo Laura
About this Course
FREEDOM FASHION ONLINE PROGRAM
IS CLOSED> GET ON THE WAITLIST FOR FALL 2017
Welcome, GORGEOUS VISIONARY!
(YES, that INCLUDES BEGINNER VISIONARIES)
Release your fears, hone your skills, get encouraged, MAKE ART, find your voice, own your experience, take it forward.
FREEDOM FASHION 2017....
....means you are not restrained by unrealistic body proportions or other rules that don't make sense.
You are supported and guided, not dictated to, to create and express your unique ideas and style.
You fear you can't draw or paint, but you have so many ideas.
You are ready to tap into your love for art and fashion and innate eye for beauty. You want to explore art supplies and techniques and see RESULTS!
You can't wait to meet your unique ideas and expressions on paper, and learn what students in top fashion schools are learning, from your own home.
- Sketch models with fluidity and movement for all body types.
- Work pencils, ink pens and gouache/ watercolors with experience.
- Understand how to match fabric colors to paint colors.
- Render patterns, textures and prints with expression and accuracy.
- Use these skills to create and illustrate design stories for fashion careers or for the sheer pleasure of the ART of fashion.
- Learn to discuss fabrics, styles, artwork and garment details.
- Learn to talk about your process and point of view.
- Develop your own style in a cozy creative positive community of fellow learners.
- Create mood boards and fabric boards for themed collections
- Quick sketch in your book, illustrate your final choices
- Basic fashion flats: designing individual pieces that work together
- Gathers, pleats, collars, sleeves, closures, seams, stitching, and other fine details.
and now, for a limited time:
If you prefer to work on iPad or Tablet instead of paint supplies, you can get a free digital orientation to digital painting through BONUS membership to ABOUT FACES digital fashion drawing course INCLUDED FREE with your membership tuition!
Benefit from my 20 years teaching at Parsons School of Design in NYC and work in the NYC Fashion Industry, as well as as a mom, creative artist and musician!
- YOU HAVE UNLIMITED ACCESS to binge-watch videos and complete all the exercises and projects in a high energy mastermind group of other beginners who want to dive in with both feet and get their fashion drawing and design skills to the next level.
- You'll need wi-fi to access your course materials
- In-class discussion areas and email support from me.
- feedback and encouragement from other students
- You can ask and share at any time in the private class community.
- 4 private 30 minute skype sessions. plus group calls
Subscribe at FASHION ILLUSTRATION TRIBE to receive, TODAY, a series of first lessons and a downloadable PDF workbook for sketching design details in garments.
- Every step of the way you are invited to share your comments and artwork in the discussion boxes where we can give and get feedback from our cozy classroom community!
- The fashion illustration art supplies kit is not required but highly recommended. Check it out here! Purchase from the link, adjust items in the cart, or print and take to your local retailer.
- Email Questions or substitutions:email@example.com**********
You'll gain access to 16 modules (about an hour each of videos, plus lectures and resources links), and be guided every step to:
illustrating and designing your own first unique fashion collection, in watercolors, with an inspiration board, fabric swatches, and details!
Exercises, projects and demonstrations take you from beginner to......experienced and seasoned with confidence and style.
THESE ARE THE SAME LESSONS I do with my Parsons students!
The lessons intentionally take you from beginner to deep, gradually, and making you feel at ease trying new ways to see and work with your eyes, hands, and art supplies.
(I created Parsons' very first Fashion Design and Illustration online course back in 2008!- and fell in love with the flexibility it affords my students in a global , positive, creative community)
Share your message. Create and celebrate feminine beauty however you define that. Learn to confidently sketch bodies, garment silhouettes, fabric textures, colors, patterns, and "tell stories" through the process and presentation of fashion and fashion art!
- model drawing, straight and posed
- sketch and customize your croquis for different body types, including your OWN
- professional gouache watercolor techniques
- color mixing/ color matching your paint to your swatches
- rendering textures and prints to scale (making your illustration look like the fabric)
- great art supplies and how you can use them
- technical drawing- stitching, darts, gathers, etc....
- creative feedback community, like- minded creatives!
- mood boards- create some!
- color palettes- create stories with color
- fabric swatches- basic print design - create, create!
- design sketchbook development- develop your ideas
- quick sketching practice in your sketchbook
- using shading to create 3-d form
- designing an original group of clothes
- illustrating your collection
- presenting your sketches
- ask questions! give and get feedback!
Once you "graduate", the next Mastermind Creative Group can go on to design their FASHION PORTFOLIOS..... sketching and designing 5 collections over a 15 week period, with weekly check-ins with me to guide and support in a level two class!
For my website homepage, click here!
don't forget to subscribe if you want to get a head start, and to order your supplies today (about $150) .
Register now to lock in your promotional price today...click at the top left of this page to register. (This course is valued at over $4000)
We'll work as a group, or as independently as you want, you control how much you participate in sharing in the class, but I highly recommend it as one of the strongest aspects of this online course!
Please email me ANY questions at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Author, the Language of Fashion Design, Rockport Publishers (available in Russian, Chinese, Spanish, and French!)
Craftsy.com instructor. Check out my Craftsy class!
Faculty, Parsons Fashion, since 1997, Patternmaking, Draping, Portfolio, Model Drawing, Design, Sewing
Online Fashion Course Instructor/ creator since 2008, Parsons.
Founder, Mentor, FashionIllustrationTRIBE.com since 2013
Fashion Tribalistas Facebook Group for sharing, asking, giving... resources and encouragement!- though you'll get plenty of that right here.
Collect and create fabric stories!
Learn Model sketching -- All body types encouraged and preferred!
Learn and practice creative fashion illustration with gouache and pencils: match colors, patterns and textures to your fabric.
Design your own groups of clothing in your sketchbook, and present them with lively creative sketches:
Technical drawing and flats:
Get my favorite tips about drawing and sketching and seeing/drawing details in clothing- tips I use all the time in my own practice!
Click here to get a free downloadable sketchbook/guidebook for design sketching flats!
and so much more!