About this Course
Welcome to Laura Volpintesta's Freedom Fashion Signature Fashion Program Membership Site!!!
Are you ready to go from "I can't draw" to knowing you know and have practiced all of the tools and techniques you need to sketch and illustrate your original ideas and designs?
I COULDN’T DRAW. I didn’t understand how clothes were made. All i knew was that I loved fashion. It moved, it lived, it beeathed... it was about color, texture, craft and culture, people and life.
And now I’m a fashion designer, illustrator, author and professor for now 20 years at prestigiouss Parsons school of Design in NYC.
(to visit/ return to our website and blog. ,click here).
- Freedom Fashion Foundation Design 15 “week” self-paced semester: model drawing, gouache, design drawing, color, mood boards, fabrics, research, illustration, quick sketching)
- Model Magic Bootcamp- an innovative, liberating model drawing course that frees you to create more movement, dimension, expression and depth to your figure drawings. INcludes model drawing sketch session videos wtih music and 14 different exercises to get you seeing, drawing, and using art supplies in new ways! (You may want to start with this one to loosen up or come to it later!)
- Patternmaking Demystified- Patternmaking and Draping course demystifies how fashion garments are constructed, how patternmaking and 3-d draping on a form or even taking garment s you love become pattern pieces . This valuable course helps you create your own patterns, communicate with patternmakers, and build your vocabulary and creativity. You’ll learn the tools and techniques to talk about fashion garments like a pro.
- About Faces DIGITAL FASHION ILLUSTRATION course for iPad or digital device like android. Learn my top 3 Fashion recommended fashion Illustration Apps and how I use them to create vibrant, expressive fashion illustrations (they are $5 apps, don’t worry). ALSO you’ll learn them while focusing on faces, heads, hair, and features which can be challenging.... but ultimately so REWARDING when you practice !
- EVENINGWEAR design and illustration course: this course is a 5 part mini course. EAch one-hour lesson discusses how to render major special fabrics: sequins, feathers, sheer, satin, taffetta, lace, and more. ALSO we discuss and develop design sketches and look at construction, texture, highlight and shadow . Explore special fabrics and explore “special” occasion looks and dramatic detailing or silhouettes for your portfolio. ALSO this course features lessons in MARKERS, DIGITAL illustration apps, and gouache and pencils, so you can see how the principles apply to a range of materials
- Advanced- AUTUMN, KNITWEAR AND OUTERWEAR and winterwear collection course- add warm, cozy, thick and full-coverage looks for expanding your vision and portfolio with sketching quickly as well as illustrating collection. WHAT WILL YOU CREATE?Stay tuned for members-only live events, guest posts, masterclasses, portfolio review sessions, livestream pop-up courses and additional courses too! Meet other fashion creatives and share resources, insights, and inspirations in our TRIBE!FOUNDING MEMBERS will also provide me with valuable feedback and suggestions so I can make the membership the best it can be for you!Our private community is for members-only POSITIVE CREATIVES to encourage and support each other to be the very best they can be!Sroll down for testimonials. FAshion luminaries who have been my students included Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough of Proenza Schouler, Tanya Taylor, Fernanda Yamamoto, Archana Rao, Pooja Shroff, MasterG Inda GAyatri Jolly, Ev Bessar, Tatiana Light, and so many more!
to visit our website and blog. ,click here.
"Meet the teacher". Laura Volpintesta, above.
“To find a teacher in the arts who offers up everything they know and more, and whose sole purpose is to see you ‘fly’- … is extremely rare. Laura is one of those teachers. She set us up for success in so many ways. Generosity, creativity, and encouragement– plus a solid foundation in basic art– were all part of her teaching. I created some of my best work in her Fashion Drawing 1 class and still rely on many of the techniques. I consider myself extremely lucky to have been her student.” -J.Heloise, Fashion Designer, teacher, and Illustrator.
FREEDOM FASHION ONLINE PROGRAM !
Who am I? Who are you? What is Freedom Fashion Program about?
FREEDOM FASHION ....
....means you are not restrained by unrealistic body proportions or other rules that don't make sense.
...means you are supported and guided, not dictated to, to create and express your unique ideas and style.
...study on your lifestyle pace
....grow a body of work, sketches, collections, color illustrations (portfolio)
...evolve your style and your voice, try new materials and techniques to break out of your rut
... ask questions, give and get feedback in a private group
...means you get the benefit of my experience as a Fashion Designer, Fashion Design student, Fashion Author, and Professor of Fashion Design for 20 years at Parsons the New School for Design in NYC (I created their first online fashion studio course in 2008)
I've worked with hundreds of students and many of them beginners.
Is fashion calling you to become the artist and designer that you can be?... to find out what you have inside and bring it out on to paper, fabric?
I had no idea when I started my fashion studies that I was going to find that it was the artist and craftsman inside me that called me there.
Release your fears, hone your skills, get encouraged, MAKE ART and FASHION, find your voice, own your experience, take it forward.
Just scroll through!
Visit the website: FashionIllustrationTRIBE to download free tools right away, such as croquis templates, the "100 Fashion Designs" PDF ebook, "Sketching design details" 30 page PDF guidebook /workbook and model drawing video).
I teach vibrant, quality fashion design and illustration wtihout teaching distorted bodies. We are focused on positive creativity, growth, skill, and curosity. You see, when you have real art skills, you can create beautiful fashion art without relying on long legs or other gimmicks to make it look eye-catching or beautiful.
BUT OH, NOOOOO!
-You fear you can't draw or paint, -----but you have so many beautiful and amazing ideas. (we go deep into art skills and model drawing, fabric rendering, collection design)
-You think you will absolutely bust if you wait one more day to finally take control and get the skills other creatives are learning in the best fashion schools.
-You are ready to tap into your love for art and fashion and design full-force.
-You want to explore art supplies and techniques in an entirely new way and see RESULTS!
- You want to know that you are learning things for a reason, in a specific order, for a specific outcome: to design and illustrate fashion with unique style, confidence and experience.
-You can't wait to meet your unique ideas and expressions on paper, and learn what students in top fashion schools are learning, from your own home.
Working with me, you will learn to:
Sketch bodies/ models with fluidity and movement for all body types.
Work pencils, ink pens and gouache/ watercolors, experiment and gain experience. (right now you'll get the digital illustration course also, for free as a BONUS)
Understand how to match fabric colors to paint colors for a smart portofolio.
Render fabric patterns, textures and prints with expression and accuracy.
Create and illustrate design stories for fashion careers or for the sheer pleasure of the ART of fashion.
Explore sketchbook techniques (quick sketches) as well as final illustrations.
Learn to discuss fabrics, styles, artwork and garment details.
Learn to talk about your process and point of view with other students/designers.
Develop your own style in a cozy creative positive community of fellow learners.
Create mood boards and fabric boards for different themes and occasions.
Quick sketch in your croquis book, edit, then illustrate your final choices
Basic fashion flats: designing individual pieces that work together to make a collection
Drawing gathers, pleats, collars, sleeves, closures, seams, stitching, and other fine details.
Putting together a portfolio that shows you off!
THIS LIMITED TIME OFFER MEMBERSHIP
Includes the following BONUS COURSES and digital drawing option integration to create an even broader, richer, well-rounded portfolio.
And If you prefer to work on iPad or Tablet instead of analog paint art supplies, you can get a free digital orientation to digital painting through BONUS membership to ABOUT FACES digital fashion drawing course INCLUDED FREE with your monthly membership price
5 OTHER BONUSES: (right now, in addition to your 16 week semester course)
Evening wear course (add THAT to your portfolio)
Winter/autumn course (and add THAT collection to portfolio/sketchbook)
Knitwear course- knits have their own language and feel....(for your portfolio, of course)
Model Drawing intensive course MODEL MAGIC
Digital Fashion illustration tools using iPad or digital device
ongoing upgrades with new content every year !
Benefit from my 20 years teaching at Parsons School of Design in NYC and work in the NYC Fashion Industry, as well as as a creative artist, homeschooling mom and musician who is passionate about expression, learning ,improvisation and development!
YOU HAVE UNLIMITED ACCESS to binge-watch videos and complete all the exercises and projects in a high energy mastermind group of other beginners who want to dive in with both feet and get their fashion drawing and design skills to the next level.
You'll need wi-fi to access your course materials
In-class discussion areas and email support from me.
feedback and encouragement from other students
You can ask and share at any time in the private class community.
4 private 30 minute skype sessions with me plus group calls and online live pop-up events all year!
IN THE MEANTIME,
Subscribe at FASHION ILLUSTRATION TRIBE to receive, TODAY, a series of first lessons and a downloadable PDF workbook for sketching design details in garments.
Every step of the way you are invited to share your comments and artwork in the discussion boxes where we can give and get feedback from our cozy classroom community!
The fashion illustration art supplies kit is not required but highly recommended. Check it out here! Purchase from the link, adjust items in the cart, or print and take to your local retailer.
Email Questions or substitutions:firstname.lastname@example.org
IN FREEDOM FASHION,
You'll gain access to 16 modules (about an hour each of videos, plus lectures and resources links), and be guided every step to illustrating and designing your own first unique fashion collection, in watercolors, with an inspiration board, fabric swatches, and details!
Exercises, projects and demonstrations take you from beginner to......experienced and seasoned with confidence and style.
THESE ARE THE SAME LESSONS I do with my Parsons students!
The lessons intentionally take you from beginner to deep, gradually, and making you feel at ease trying new ways to see and work with your eyes, hands, and art supplies.
YOU'LL BE GUIDED THROUGH LEARNING:
model drawing, straight and posed
sketch and customize your croquis for different body types, including your OWN
professional gouache watercolor techniques
color mixing/ color matching your paint to your swatches
rendering textures and prints to scale (making your illustration look like the fabric)
great art supplies and how you can use them
technical drawing- stitching, darts, gathers, etc....
creative feedback community, like- minded creatives!
mood boards- create some!
color palettes- create stories with color
fabric swatches- basic print design - create, create!
design sketchbook development- develop your ideas
quick sketching practice in your sketchbook
using shading to create 3-d form
designing an original group of clothes
illustrating your collection
presenting your sketches
ask questions! give and get feedback!