About this Course
As a multi-tradition, multi-racial, multi-gender organization, Transfaith believes that "ally work" is for all of us as we work together across all kinds of differences in life experience and perspective.
The Transfaith for Allies series is designed to be useful to transgender and non-transgender people who want to deepen our commitment to caring for transgender communities.
This Free, On-Demand, Self-Guided online course looks at skills and concepts to help well-meaning allies begin to find our place in transgender communities. This course is a starting place and an invitation to journey with us. It is NOT designed to answer all of your questions about transgender people.
The course is designed around 4 themes:
- The Importance of You
- The Importance of Relationship
- The Importance of Humility
- The Importance of NEXT STEPS
Topics introduced include:
- Exploring your sphere of influence
- Expressing love and acceptance
- The difference between Friends/Allies/Accomplices
- How you can help prevent suicide
- Disclosure (or why do you need to know?)
- When things go wrong
- Beyond transgender visibility