...Register Now »
Starts June 5, 2017
About this Course
Join me as we dive in watercolor and strengthen our practice with a weekly video demonstration. This class will help you if you've never worked with watercolors and always wanted to. If you've tried and just can't get the hang of it, I'll lead you through a series of fun demo's to keep your hands moving and your mind interested in where watercolors can take your art. I feel like my art and muscle memory for creating has really strengthened since I decided to make watercolor a daily practice. We will work with faces but I'll also throw in some other goodies to keep you inspired. We will be working June through December this year and I just know that you'll grow and evolve with this weekly practice. If you've always wanted to LOVE watercolor but just couldn't get the hang of it, then join this amazing group of kindreds who will be there to share and support you through the journey. I can't wait to see your creations.
- 4 lessons a month June through December (24 lessons in all)
- supportive FB group
- Guest artist Sylwia Gryczuk
- Class begins June 5th
- Registration - $139
- Optional 4 month payment plan. Click the link below to sign up to be billed $34.75 for 4 months. (a total of $139)
Lesson examples are as follows:
- creating a girl on a watercolor tag - loose play
- painting circles and learning how the color works by overlapping
- monochromatic girl
- Unicorn girl using alternative colors for the features
- learn how to use watercolor and all about it's intensity levels
- combining watercolor and collage with gesso and auditioning out bits from your painted fodder
- more to come as I continue to film....
How long will I have access to the course? Lifetime access. Videos are downloadable
Do I need all the supplies on the supply list? No, I am all about using what you have on hand. Any watercolor palette will be fine. I love the Prima palettes and will be using a few Daniel Smith colors but feel free to use what you like or already have.
If I fail to pay the 4 month payments will I lose access to the class?
Yes, if you fail to make a payment this platform will remove you from the class. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to or have questions.
tag pad - Julie nutting watercolor tags 3.5x8.5
scratch watercolor paper or pad - I use the 6x6 prima pad
watercolors - any sets are fine but I'll be using Prima palettes:
Tanager turquoise pan - from Pfeiffer art supply
ceramic palette for mixing
caran d'ache - neocolor ii's set of 10 or 15 will be great
spray bottle - for wetting watercolors
watercolor pencils - the number 90 pencil is a great color to use and is in the Julie Nutting skin tone pack. All the others are fantastic as well!
bleed proof white (for fixing boo boo's and softening colors)