About this Course
UPGRADE YOUR ART by learning a variety of professional presentation options for textiles. Award winning artists, Lyric Kinard shows you mounting and framing options. Learn which factors to consider to present your work in the best possible light.
All of these video based lessons will be yours to access permanently in this open-access course. Lesson one opens June 19th in this premier run of the course, with one lesson opening each week afterwards. After that - all lessons will be available immediately for new registrants.
Lesson 1: Basic Framing
- When to use a mat - edges showing or covered
- Mounted with gel medium, matted
- Mounted but not matted - edges exposed
- To glaze or not to glaze
- Sewn to a mat board and framed - edges exposed
- Flush mounted then framed - edges covered with no mat
Lesson 2: Gallery Wrapped
- Wrap that thing!
- Wrapped and fused
- Sewn and stapled
- Glued and wrapped
- Glued with painted edges
- Sewn with painted edges
- Wrapped and stapled
- Wrapped, stapled, staples covered
- Gallery wrapped with a canvas floater frame
Lesson 3: Mounting Variations
- Hidden mount on gallery wrapped canvas
- Hidden mount on wrapped stretcher bars
- Cradled wood board with velcro wafers
- Sleeve for a standing tabletop frame
- Plexiglass mount, sewn
- Plexiglass mount, velcro wafers
Lesson 4: The Frame as Art
- Painted gallery wrapped canvas
- Design considerations
- Integrating the frame into your artwork
- Extending your design onto the canvas
- Molding paste for texture
- Screened canvas with molding paste
Q: Will you include links to suppliers?
A: Absolutely yes! If you are an international (outside of the US) student and have links to share, please do!
Q: What are the lessons like?
A: Each lesson includes several short video links as well as written supply lists.
Q: I'm half-way across the world in a different time zone. Will I miss half of what is going on?
A: Not at all. The beauty of online classes is that you can come to them at your convenience. There is no "live" element to this class that you will miss.
Q: I'm out of town during a week of the class, what will I miss?
A: Nothing. You can catch up when you get back. All lessons will be open to you permanently
Q: How much interaction is there from the teacher?
A: Lyric will answer questions through August of 2017. After that this will be a stand-alone video course with FAQ sections included in each section.
Q: Is the content downloadable?
A: No, but you can access them anywhere you have wifi or a data connection.
Q: What do I need to know about using a computer?
A: You'll need to be able to save the URL and password for the Ruzuku site. That's about it!