About this Course
Join me as we create a Unicorn girl jar! We will be using an old jar or Ball jar to create our own beautiful holder for makeup brushes, colored pencils, art brushes or whatever use you can think to put in your jar.
This project will be so fun to keep the creative juices flowing for the summer! And the jars are functional too.......!
- Class begins July 17th
- Registration $19
- 1.5 hours of video content in real time
- We will use mixed media to create a Unicorn girl jar
- We will create 2 jars, one for larger brushes and pencils and one for smaller things like cotton balls or oil pastels.
- Think of these for your art room OR your vanity. multiple uses!!
- loads of content and step-by-step video instruction
- this project has many steps and is broken down into bite-size chunks as to not overwhelm
- we will create thumbnail sketches of our focal point
- we will then blow up that sketch into a more complete, detailed view using colored pencil
- we will paint and embellish our beautiful rainbow unicorn jar~!!!
in progress shot:
---->>I am using what I have on hand, an old pickle jar that I was using for a water jar.
white gesso - i like utrecht
Finn art stones (small and large)
a few colored pencils (enough for rainbow colors ROYGBIV): Prismacolor or Jane Davenport Magic wands
titanium white heavy body or martha stewart white paint
Target rainbow colors:
target avocado, midnight blue, robbins egg, daffodil, lilac (any rainbow colors are fine!)
chalk paint - art minds brand at Michaels (I am using sea glass but grab a color you are drawn to)
red medium dick blick craft matte paints (or any color you choose for the background of your focal point)
glimmer glam or the recollections version at Michaels
fun fibers!! (these are the ones I'm using)