About this Course
Join me for a Halloween art party! We will be creating Lydia Deetz from Beetlejuice in watercolor, Sally from Nightmare before Christmas in mixed media acrylics and a primitive Witch (combining the two -->> watercolor and mixed media)
Halloween and Fall is my favorite time of year! Let's celebrate and create art inspired by these wonderful characters.
Here's all the details:
- Class begins September 18, 2017 (self paced after that date)
- 3 Projects with over 2 hours of content
- real time creating as I walk (and talk) you through all the layers and design elements and the reason why I'm doing what I'm doing
- lifetime access
- Sally, Lydia Deetz, and Primitive Witch
- We will talk about building up soft luminous layers within the face. This is an extensive insight into how I distress and slowly build up layers within the face using marks, GAC100 acrylic polymer, and nuances of shadow building with color. (Sally is my most time intensive face I've ever done for online work!!)
watercolor paper pad - 7x10" is what I'll be working on. I like hot press but use what you have
optional flat brush: master's touch 1/2" flat - I got this at hobby lobby but any flat brush will be fine!
stabilo graphite pencil - this pencil is graphite and it is water-soluble so it works awesome with watercolors. this is my go-to pencil always!
8x10 or 9x12 wood board
quin. nickel azo gold (this is one color that really has no substitute....except if you are in Australia there is a red gold that is Very similar to this. use that and you'll be good)
blick matte acrylic: green blue light
golden florescent chartreuse (or any craft neon yellow)
americana - midnite blue (available at michaels or hobby lobby)
white paint - I used Martha Stewart
colored pencils - blue and red
Catalyst blade shape 6 15mm