About this Course
Lately I have been obsessed with painting gingerbread boys and gum drops. I love the sugar coating and the idea that Christmas is coming soon. Why don't we get prepared this year and enjoy the process of journaling throughout the time leading up to the Big Day! Let's cherish our creative time and slow down a bit. I believe that staying creative through the busy holiday season is important. If we don't give ourselves a few minutes of creative time, the stress of all the hubbub can soon start to deplete us. Let's keep that creative muscle fine tuned and play and paint and enjoy this Christmas season!
- class stars Monday, November 13th
- 2 guest artists James L. Burke and Ali Brown !!
- $65 registration
- 4 hours of real time video content
- we will be working in a butterfly journal Jane Davenport (or you can also use a midori travel journal)
- cover will be created using watercolor and acrylic paint
- we will be creating pages inside using mainly watercolors, watercolor pencils, graphite, and neocolor ii's
- 1st project will be to create our cover before the holidays get started
- and then lessons will post Mon and Wed with shorter journal pages to keep you inspired throughout the holidays.
- Cover lesson, 6 lessons from me, 1 lesson from James, 1 lesson from Ali ----->> 9 lessons total! (my videos are almost 4 hours of video real time content!)
- pattern work, nutcracker, christmas list, favorite christmas carol.....think holiday sweets gingerbread, cookies, cakes, and of course gum drops.
- James Burke and Ali Brown will be creating a special lesson for us. I am so EXCITED that they are on board!
Jane davenport - butterfly journal (the blank one)
--->>and here is the direct link to Jane's shop for our students on the other side of the world
bulldog clips to secure your pages while working.
chic sparrow insert size narrow (8.25 x 4.5") - blank ---->> use code MINDY10 to save 10% in her shop
3x6 manilla tags or small cut pieces of watercolor paper
fibers - think candy, christmas, gingerbread themed colors (this is for your tag topper) how cute will these be spilling of the top of your journal?!
** Clay or paper clay - to make our own clips. this is optional of course. you could also cut and make a cute clip out of heavy card stock. a couple paper clips to glue to the back
Happy Birthday watercolor set - I am working with Rachel Beth on this class and if they are not in stock right now, they will be soon. Also, please contact her with any requests or questions. Her watercolors are amazing!! so creamy and the colors are more subtle (and to me that makes them easier to work with)
Prima basic watercolor set or any set you have on hand
Prima watercolor brushes - ROUNDS size 6, size 2, size 0, size 12
**Da Vinci brush - size 1(this is one of my favorite brushes but it's totally optional)
teeny brush for detail work - princeton liner 10/0
Tim Holtz paint flips: barn door, rusty hinge, marmalade, squeezed lemonade, mowed lawn, tumbled glass, broken china, dusty concord, milled lavender, picket fence, ground espresso - these are the colors I used for this project but feel free to use any colors you like. I love these paints for the cover of the canvas journal because these move effortlessly while painting the cover.
ceramcoat glitter ice - also found in michael's
stickles - used for gumdrops sugar coating :-)
a few colored pencils - red, yellow, green, purple
a few neocolor ii's - in purple, turquoise, yellow, green, etc (or a small set of 12 will be fine)
*mitsubishi blue red pencil - optional
blick matte acrylic: green blue light
Americana - neon peach punch
How long will I have access to the course? Lifetime access. Videos are downloadable
Do I need all the supplies on the supply list? No, I am all about using what you have on hand. Any watercolor palette will be fine. I love the Prima palettes and we will be using the Happy Birthday palette from Designs by Rachel Beth but you don't have to have those exact ones.
Will there be a Facebook group? UPDATE: I am no archiving the FB group and not accepting new students in the FB group. so sorry. please share your work here in the classroom.
Can I share this content and my link to my friends? Please don't. We ask that 1 signin for your household only. thank you!