About this Course
I am so excited about this new online offering. It is a bit different than any of my other classes because it's all about designing and creating your own line of pouches, washi tape and stickers! With the planner community exploding, this is an amazing way to reach a huge audience of those folks who use a daily planner and who create planner art. I mean we can all use more stickers and washi in our lives right?! Annnndddd.....the pouch is the perfect size to hold your stickers and washi to carry with your planner! Perfect!
The only problem I found is how do I create these wonderful things? I mean, there is society 6 and other on-demand print options. But they are not very cost effective to resell in your shop or at craft fairs, nor have I found a place that can customize and create washi tapes. Until just a few months ago. I have found a contact that has been Awesome to work with. So far, I have designed 5 styles of washi tape. The first set of tapes sold out within 24 hours and when I launched my pouches, there was a frenzy of activity in my shop too. I love that Etsy has evolved and allowed production partners for your shop so that you can sell these amazing products.
I will be revealing my partners and walking you through the design process to create your own tapes, pouches, and stickers. It really is easier than you might think, but I do feel you need some direction of Where to go and How to go about it. This is where I come in. I walk you through photoshop and one other easy online program to create your designs. I give you ordering specifics and the ins and outs of minimum order quantities and exactly how to order with my partners.
Here are some things to consider before signing up:
- high speed internet
- MAC or PC (I'll be using a Mac)
- photoshop (*for stickers and one demo alternative for washi)
- images scanned in at 300dpi (*I will not be covering scanning in class)
- class begins January 1st, 2018
- Early registration $49 through December 26th, lifetime access
- Regular registration begins December 27th --> $59
- I show you exactly, step-by-step (through a recorded screen video of how to layout and design your pouch, washi and stickers) as well as how to go about ordering. Each partner is a bit different.
- I layout all the measurements and walk you through (via video) how to get your images/art into a form ready for your products.
- examples of image files, and written directions, tips, and reminders
- exact links to partners website, ordering, and email addresses you'll need
- I'll be working with a MAC, but you can also use a PC. (*directions in photoshop may be slightly different)
- MOQ of the washi tapes is 50 rolls for EACH design (so this requires about an initial investment of around $100)
- *no minimum order for pouches
who this class is designed for:
- someone with a library of images/art
- someone looking to get their own washi tapes, pouches and/or stickers printed to resell
- someone who has basic computer skills with double clicking, dragging, resizing, etc
- **sticker designs will require photoshop. with Washi, I'll show you two methods (one with and one without using photoshop) for pouches, you won't need photoshop.
- basic knowledge of photoshop CS6 for creating stickers
- someone with a scanner to scan in their artwork
who this class is NOT designed for:
- someone who doesn't have a scanner to scan images
- someone who doesn't have several images/art to use in the products
- someone who doesn't have basic computer skills
- someone without high speed internet
What you'll need before we start:
- a scanner - I will not cover scanning in class but you'll need to have artwork scanned in at 300DPI. I use an EPSON v700 photo scanner. Here is the updated version
- photoshop - *for stickers mainly. but I'll also show you an additional method for creating washi in photoshop too. I use CS6. You can download a trial version of photoshop or sign up for the creative cloud. Photoshop is an investment that is well worth it. I will NOT be covering basic photoshop skills but I'll be showing you exactly how to create these. If you want to learn more about photoshop, I recommend signing up for a class on Lynda.com
- a small investment of about $100 to purchase washi tapes. - *if/when you decided to order
pouches: free worldwide delivery. there may be a small fee for a few countries. I have never paid shipping on these.
stickers - free shipping threshold to Canada, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
washi tapes - the shipping cost to all Country they only charge 100 rolls at $10, and 50 rolls at $5. the company usually bear half shipping cost for customers.
- I think I read that all the manufacturers/contacts are in China. Is this correct and if so, I am wondering how you protect your work/files from having a manufacture sell your designs in China without your knowledge? That is a concern i've had for the last 10 years of my art being online. However to this date, I haven't had anyone steal my art (but it is a viable concern). If you are super worried that your art will be stolen, I would not sell online or send images to anyone. I recently licensed my art with an agent -- yes, another risk because my art is in the hands of others and have access to high resolution work. I have heard of other artists work being stolen but mainly i hear about it because they took images and either copied it very similar or took images from website/shop and began creating and selling things. I hope that helps!