About this course
It's incredibly rewarding to sculpt your own BJD. It's even more fun to take it one step further and reproduce your doll in resin through the use of silicone molds.
Mold making is much different than sculpting, but invaluable for every sculptor to know. Every BJD artist dreams of sculpting his or her own doll. And the next dream is usually casting it, so many dolls can be created from the one you worked so meticulously to sculpt.
This set of videos will teach you everything you need to know to make molds for and cast your own ball-jointed doll.
In this video set, you will learn:
- How to prepare your doll for the molding process
- Fine-tuning and inspecting your joints for molding
- How to select your mold making materials
- How to create a two-part silicone mold
- How to use keys and channels for clean castings
- How to select your resin casting materials
- How to cast your ball-jointed doll in resin
- How to use optional advanced tools such as a pressure pot and vacuum chamber
- How to refine and prepare each piece for assembly
- How to string and assemble your resin ball-jointed doll
Bonus Videos! You will also receive the Steam Punk Hat course videos.
With these videos, you will learn to create an adorable top hat for your ball-jointed doll.
You will receive a pattern customized to the Simple BJD doll from ArtDolls.com. You will learn the basics of creating a pattern, and how to turn these pieces into an adorable hat.
You'll also learn some neat tricks for giving the hat a fun, metallic look and texture.
Included are also videos on creating a wig for your BJD, as well as a tutorial on how to apply hair to any doll.
This hat pattern can easily be adapted to any style hat.