About this Course
Summary: Creating an institutional Case Statement is critical to any effective, sustainable fundraising efforts, particularly for small-to-medium nonprofit organizations. A comprehensive Case Statement is the backbone upon which all communications and fundraising plans are built. This webinar will provide the nuts and bolts of how to develop a strong Case Statement rooted in principles that drive engagement and support.
- To understand the purpose of a Case Statement as a primary institutional resource for all fundraising efforts.
- To understand how to develop each part of a Case Statement so that it is the primary institutional resource for all communications and fundraising efforts.
- To understand the content needed to best address donor motivations, barriers to giving, and giving behavior.
- Get everyone on the same page – prioritization for program development and communications
- Getting at the WHY?
- The Art of Persuasion: Pathos, Logos, Ethos, Kairos
- Using VERB + IMPACT
- The measure of a year well spent
- Crafting a Case – particulars for arts orgs, history society – and other not highly emotional work
- What if beneficiaries need/expect privacy
- Channels to ‘make the case’