About this course
··PSW & Dyslexia··
A self-paced online class
- Become familiar with the CA Dyslexia Guidelines
- Be able to build a comprehensive assessment battery when dyslexia is an area of concern for psychologists using the Discrepancy and/or PSW Models for SLD identification
- Feel more confident in responding to requests for evaluations of dyslexia
- Have a template for explaining dyslexia within a psychoeducational report
- Be provided with a number of resources
Who in this course designed for? – School Psychologists and LEPs
How long do I have to complete this course? – Anytime you want – the class is self-paced. The class takes approximately 2.5 hours to complete.
Where do I take this course? – Anywhere – you can complete the class from the comfort of your home computer. All that is needed is an internet connection.
Thank you for your interest in this course. Please make sure to always follow your district's policies and procedures as it relates to dyslexia and special education.
This course meets the qualifications for 2.5 hours of continuing education credit for LEPs, LPCCs, LMFTs and LCSWs. This course also qualifies for 2.5 hours of continuing professional development for Nationally Certified School Psychologists, under provider number 1025. The California Association of School Psychologists maintains responsibility for the program and its content.