About this Course
WHEN: Begins on October 15, 2018 for 8 weeks of live class
WHERE: Online, Self Paced
COST: We are offering a variety of special offers, so get in early before they DISAPPEAR!
SWEET DEAL Bird Price:$249
- available until October 14th!
- $50 savings!
- Use Checkout Code SWEETDEAL
- Class begins October 15th and registration will stay open until October 29th!
An 8 Week Journey to a new way of working & seeing through abstract painting.
Kick off the New Year diving deeply into your painting practice, developing your authentic voice in your work and connecting with a group of other artists! Join teachers & professional artists Mati McDonough and Faith Evans-Sills in this Autumn 2018 session of their popular Abstract Bliss E-Course, an 8 week deep dive adventure into the world of Abstract Painting. We'll journey each week through a new topic, a new way of working and seeing through paint.
In this E-Course We'll explore:
- Our tried and true favorite supplies!
- Color Mixing & ways to play with colors, creating unique combinations with materials that you already have.
- Finding Inspiration, where to look and how to use what inspires you to create paintings that you love!
- Composition & Scale: how these two elements help you create successful paintings.
- Beginning a Painting: overcoming that "white canvas" paralysis
- Finding Your Personal Subject Matter
- Abstracting our World: abstract landscapes
- Creating a Personal Vocabulary of Marks & Symbols that you can turn to again and again in your studio, making your work uniquely you.
- Using Alternative Materials
- Cultivating Quiet in your work
- Exploring the Language of Shape to develop your own style.
- Creating Luscious painted Layers
- Bringing it all Together, we'll show you how to combine everything that we learn into a beautiful whole!
- and so much more!!!
We'll walk you through each weekly topic with start to finish painting videos, inspirational prompts, guided activities, along with lots of interaction in our private online classroom. Mati & Faith with be very active in the group, providing support, feedback & guidance throughout our 8 weeks together. This class is open to all skill levels and all creative spirits looking to deepen their painting practice, broaden their painting skills, work their bravery muscles in the studio and expand their personal voice in their paintings. Let's dive in!
Here's your invitation to dive deeply into your paintings, exploring abstraction while having fun in our nurturing community of artists all over the world.....