About this Course
In this course, I will guide you through the process of improving your cat's response to nail trims. With some patience, consistency, and delicious treats, your cat will learn to be comfortable having their paws handled and their nails clipped.
This course includes:
- Four weeks of exercises.
- Access to the course for a minimum of one-year.
- Unlimited email support from Julie.
Weekly goals include:
- Week 1: Change your cat's emotional response to the clippers or tool that you are using.
- Week 2: Establish the baseline for your cat's level of comfortability at being handled and start to extend this to other parts of their body.
- Week 3: Condition your cat to accept paw touches and holds.
- Week 4: Condition your cat to be comfortable with nail trims.
The goal of any good behaviour modification plan is to make progress. There is no timeline for achieving stress-free nail trims. Each cat is unique, and their speed of learning will depend on their initial level of fear and how often your practice.
The material within this course is not meant to be a replacement for veterinary care.
By submitting payment/engaging the service, you are agreeing to the following:
Cat School cannot be held responsible or liable for any adverse situations resulting from the application of information obtained from Catschool.co courses. Every cat is an individual and will have a unique response to nail trims. Course material should be utilized at the sole discretion of the owner. Do not do anything that makes your cat uncomfortable. If there is any doubt in the application of the material, please seek a qualified animal behaviourist.