About this Course
Thank you for your interest in joining our online learning community. We look forward to working and learning together.
Learning is a personal process for children. They have an innate curiosity for what captures their interest and attention. Learning for children is a whole body process that includes their intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development. Children's learning is embedded in their cultural context and their opportunities, communities, and families influence how they learn.
Our approximately 2 hour course, Exploring Deeply: Creative Thinking in Early Childhood, introduces us to the ways that young children build theories in their daily lives. As educators, we hope this workshop challenges your own thinking about the infinite capabilities of young children to lead the construction of their knowledge of the world around them.
Our Essential Questions
Essential Questions are the basis for the inquiry for our work together.
- How do we support young children as theory builders in their own work?
- How do we create classrooms of inquiry?
- How do we become co-learners with the children?
In our course, Exploring Deeply: Fostering Explorations in Early Childhood,we have seven lessons:
- Lesson 1: Course Navigation
- Lesson 2: Orientation
- Lesson 3: Introducing "Creative Thinking"
- Lesson 4: How do early childhood educators support young children as explorers?
- Lesson 5: How do we create classrooms of inquiry?
- Lesson 6: How do we become co-learners with children?
- Lesson 7: Conclusion: Bringing our thoughts together
We hope you will join us.