About this course
Painter Master Elite, Karen Bonaker.
Course Outline -Part 1
|Lesson 1||Setting Up Your Painter Interface|
|Lesson 2||Setting Up The Source Image|
|Lesson 3||Introduction To Your Custom Brushes|
|Lesson 4||Values-Start With Light|
|Lesson 5||Applying Mid Values|
|Lesson 6||Adding Dark Values and Introducing Pattern and Texture|
|Lesson 7||Some Inspiration and Final Thoughts|
Course Outline-Part 2
|Part 1||The Source Image and Brushes|
|Part 2||Toning Canvas and Underpainting|
|Part 3||Why Autopainting?|
|Part 4||When to include paper texture and when not to|
|Part 5||Refinement and details|
- Skill Level
Beginner to Intermediate - Please note: Beginner Level assumes that you know how to:
- Open a New File
- Select a brush and import a brush category into Painter
- Understand the basics of working on layers
- How to add a new layer
As a student, you will receive hours of instructional videos. On top of the class instruction, Karen provides custom feedback to students through video responses and demonstrations. These student support videos are also available to all students to access, which furthers the student’s education. This course includes two live webinar sessions which will enhance the course content.
A working copy of Corel(r) Painter™ 2018 or greater is required. Remember that you can download a 30-day trial version of the software to use for this class. Some lessons will be focused on the most current version of Painter, however, every effort will be made to supply students with brushes that are compatible with the version of Painter they are using.
A Wacom Pen Tablet & Stylus- Using a Mouse is not the optimal tool for digital painting. I highly suggest using the Wacom Art Pen as well. The Art Pen is not mandatory for this class, however, consider purchasing one when you can for complete barrel rotation of your stylus.
A system capable of running Corel(r) Painter™ 2018 or greater
4 GB of Ram or better Note: For optimum performance, your system should have 8 GB of Ram or better. Please note that specific system specifications are required for the different versions of Painter. Be sure you have what it takes before upgrading to newer versions, this includes both Mac and PC users.T
Thank you for enrolling in the Digital Art Academy (DAA)!
By purchasing this course, you are agreeing to these terms for personal or professional use:
- This license extends only to the original purchaser and cannot be sublicensed, resold, transferred or redistributed in any manner.
- Any course you have purchased from DAA cannot be resold, shared, loaned or redistributed on its own or used in a product offered for sale where the item can be extracted. Any course you have purchased from DAA cannot be used to create derivative action, presets, brushes, digital textures, images you offer for sale.
- You may not redistribute or post any DAA course to the internet for any reason.
- You are, however, welcome to use resources in this course in the creation of your art that you offer for sale, your client work - personal and professional.
All item are copyright of and by Karen Bonaker and Digital Art Academy (DAA).
The copyright in this website Digital Art Academy (DAA) and the material on this website (including without limitation the text, computer code, artwork, photographs, images, music, audio material, video material and audio-visual material on this website)is owned by Karen Bonaker and Digital Art Academy. The content of this course is not to be distributed without the express written consent of the owner.
You may request permission to use the copyright materials on this website by writing to Karen Bonaker -please use the contact form available on the website.
Enforcement of copyright- Karen Bonaker and Digital Art Academy takes the protection of its copyright very seriously.