About this Course
LOVE MUSIC THEORY PART 1.
- Ever wondered how Musicians read the notation to make Music?
- Did you ignore/were bored with your music lessons at school and now wish you could study a e course designed especially for beginners?
- Want to play/sing a music piece but look at the music notation with anxiety and fear?
- Want to enjoy singing in a choir, but feel inadequate, overwhelmed or intimated by choristers who read music?
- Want to know and understand why music notation is written and created in a certain way?
- Want to sharpen your brain’s capacity and forge new pathways by learning Music?
In my step by step e course Love Music Theory Part 1, I show you how and why of notation- the how shows you from the very beginning the steps you need to write notation so that you and any other musician can understand and play/sing it- the why explains simply the reasons for how music is written in a certain way.
Added to this, Love Music Theory Part 1 also provides a greater context for the how and why through the ‘’Context in Big Picture videos. Each topic in each lecture is placed in the greater context of music to provide you with a greater understanding and a broader picture of music.
- Imagine if you could say goodbye to feeling anxiety and fear around amateur musicians as now you understand basic notation too.
- Imagine if you hold some different music in your hand and you mentally have a sense of how this music sounds without hearing it first since you can read the notation.
- Imagine if you were able to explain the how and why of music notation to someone else confidently
- Imagine if that bad experience with music you had is now changed to a positive learning experience.
- Imagine learning from a teacher who wants you to succeed and achieve your goals and will help you through the course.
Love Music Theory part 1 is a 10-week online course. It is designed for absolute beginners who have zero knowledge of music and/or for those who have learned many years ago who need to start afresh. It is composed as 5 lecture videos, sheets for you to download each week for you to complete, vocabulary drill (terms for you to learn), and tests/quizzes and questions to show your progress and identify further areas of learning. The 11 context in the big picture videos explore and extend your knowledge and understanding of what is covered in the lectures and the sheets and vocabulary drill. There will be 2-3 webinars also to ask questions and discuss topics throughout the course along with email support (within 24 hours)
- What are note values?
- What is a stave/staff?
- What are stems and their relevance to note values.
- Exploring note values.
- Time signatures in Simple Time.
- What is an anacrusis and its function in simple rhythm.
- Understanding Pitch.
- Correct method to draw Treble and Bass Clefs.
- How to read notation in Treble Clef?
- How to read notation in Bass Clef?
- What are ledger lines and how to read them in Treble and Bass Clefs.
- What is silence in music and how it is represented?
- How to draw Rests accurately?
- What are Semitones and Tones?
- What are accidentals (sharp, flat and natural) and their functions?
- How to draw sharps, flats and naturals accurately?
REQUIREMENTS OF THE COURSE AND TIME COMMITMENT
- Desire to learn and to make your best commitment to learning.
- 15-20 minutes 5-6 days a week of focused learning. I have provided a suggested study plan for you and I have designed the course with time efficiency in mind.
- Ability to download sheets and vocabulary drill and print them.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM STUDYING THIS COURSE.
- People who have never learned Music Theory.
- Budding composer in each of us who would like to be able to translate our inspirational composition in our minds into a reality.
- People who play by ear but want to learn to read music.
- People who may have learned a musical instrument in the past but no theory.
- People who currently learn an instrument/voice but have no theory as part of their lesson.
- People who sing in a choir, but now realise you need to understand the notation in greater detail.
- For all of us who are arm chair music lovers or concert goers who would like to understand more about what we hear.
- For students who are studying for music theory exams who have missed key learnings in their studies or have misunderstood what they have learned and need a solid course that will fill in these elementary educational gaps.
- Music Teachers who wish to refer students to an in depth, comprehensive online course to give them that flexibility in learning.
WHO IS MY COURSE TEACHER?
Imelda is passionate about both music and human psyche. Her qualifications include Bachelor of Music, Music Education and Grad Dip in Counselling. She taught Music in the school system for 10 yrs, engaged in counselling and pastoral care for 8 years before caring for her elderly parents for 9 years. She plays piano and organ and sings. Now you can have the benefit of her patient and caring teaching style online using Ruzuku.com platform, as she encourages you to love Music. She strives to be the best version of herself daily and encourages her students to enjoy the journey of learning. She lives in Australia.
PAYMENT: The actual price of your course will be converted from AUD to local currency when the student enters her credit card and pays for the course. Currently I am offering the course as a one time payment through Paypal. Love Music Theory costs $350 AUD.
I am delighted to endorse the content of my course. Your satisfaction and results are important,
From time to time, life circumstances beyond foreseeable circumstances can contribute to students needing to withdraw from Theory Programme.
Refund may be offered in the following manner:
I offer a 14-day refund period for my course. Learning Music requires whole-hearted commitment to receive the results you desire. If you demonstrate that you have listened to all the videos, completed the sheets, vocab drill and tests and submitted them to me for analysis, but did not achieve the results, I will gladly refund you. However, the guarantee becomes null and void if you have not completed the work and submitted it. After having read and understood this refund policy, and require a refund, please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org