Let me take you by the hand for 31 days to help you bring harmony and order to your life with 31 Days to Rhythm Boot Camp
Lisa Boisvert Mackenzie
Homeschooling, homemaking mama, early childhood educator, retired midwife, parenting group leader, editor, striving to protect the wonder of childhood and savor daily life through slow and simple living. I offer Celebrate the Rhythm of Life nursery and kindergarten program/curriculum for parents, teachers, and childcare providers striving to bring rhythm and a conscious and creative awareness to being with children, with a focused monthly topic and plenty of daily, weekly and seasonal enthusiastic support. We focus on simple living, tending the hearth and hearts with home cooking, handmade, beauty and artistry in everyday life through simplicity. I edit The Wonder of Childhood online monthly magazine and am on sabbatical from tending The Children's Garden, a nursery program for young children and their families. I have completed Simplicity Parenting Group Leader training and offer Simplicity Parenting Groups. I serve on the Board of Directors of LifeWays North America and WECAN's Birth to 3 Task Force.
About this Course
- Do you struggle with rhythm?
- Is rhythm one of those mysterious things that you just cannot seem to grasp?
- Do you fall into bed exhausted at the end of the day?
- Do you wonder how Waldorf kindergarten teachers seem so calm and manage to sing through the day and knead dough, bake bread, chop vegetables, make soup, color and paint with children every week?
- Would you like to bring harmonious rhythms to your home or to the children you care for?
- Are you struggling to homeschool and finding you need to work on rhythm?
- Is there more you want from each day but cannot find the time for?
- Do you sometimes look at the clock and panic because you have no idea of what to serve for dinner?
- Are you struggling with tired, hungry and cranky children while you are making dinner?
- Would you like more peaceful bedtimes for your children and yourself?
Welcome to Rhythm Boot Camp!
If we pause and pay attention, we notice that all around us there is rhythm, the rhythm of night and day, rhythm of our menstrual cycle, a rhythm of of waxing and waning of the moon, a rhythm of the sun's movement, the rhythm of heartbeat, of breath, of growing through phases of life, of starting and ending. Rhythm embraces us.
Before there was electricity and lights and heat available at the flip of a switch, people lived in rhythm with nature. We slept at night and worked in the light of the day. We chopped wood, carried water and kindled fires.The stars guided travelers. Food was only available in season. We lived in the rhythms of the natural world, deeply connected and carried along through the year without conscious attention.
Early people deeply felt the earth's rhythms through the day and all through the year and celebrated significant turnings in the wheel of the year. The return of the sun meant life was renewed in the earth. The sun's departure signaled a time for pilling in, going inward.Today, we can flip a switch and experience light and heat. We no longer live in the rhythms of nature. We have disconnected. We are plugged in an no longer attuned to the rhythms of nature. Our own inner rhythms can be overwhelmed by all the busyness and noise of daily life.
Yet we are rhythmic beings and when we find our way into a rhythm that flows for ourselves and our families, we find harmony, peace of mind, inspiration for new endeavors and time to take up activities that deeply nourish our families and ourselves as parents. We can bring rhythm into our lives with conscious attention. We can tap into the energy that flows when our rhythm is balanced.
Our children need rhythm. Children thrive when their life is rhythmic. It is so healthy and nourishing for children. Rhythm makes children feel confident that life is predicible, that adults are reliable and in knowing they can rely on order and harmony in their lives. With predictible days, children relax and can let go and be children.
Rhythm supports healthy development of the child. A solid rhythm can eliminate frustration, increase a child's ability to play and to make transitions. Rhythm helps us breathe when we are frustrated and can carry us through times that are chaotic and unpredictable.
:: Gift yourself and your family with a strong rhythm to your days and weeks for the new year by simplifying your life through a strong rhythm.
:: Imagine pleasant mealtimes, smooth transitions, peace filled bedtimes and breathing time in your day. Yes, it can be done. By you.
:: Know this. It is already there, within you. The ability. Everything you need to bring some sense of rhythm, harmony and joy to your daily life with children.
This course is designed to help you access that inner wisdom and put it into action with daily notes of encouragement and reminders, videos, worksheets and activities, conversation and community.
- We'll explore what rhythm looks like and feels like and look at sample rhythms of the day and the week.
- We'll look at what gets in the way of rhythm.
- We'll look at how you can make your rhythm breath for you and help you flow through the day.
- We'll look at how rhythm can help your child be more imaginative, playful and creative.
- We look at how our meals can be healthier and more pleasant with rhythm.
- We'll look at peaceful bedtimes and restful sleep that come out of a healthy rhythm.
- We'll look at the rhythm of housework
- We'll look at how rhythm makes transitions smoother.
- We'll examine how a strong rhythm supports homeschooling.
- We'll look at how a strong rhythm makes home a sanctuary for the school child.
- We'll look at how to put together a rhythm that works in your life.
- We'll finding a starting point and implement our own rhythm and build on it over four weeks.
- We'll look at how rhythm supports daily life with children and helps us carve out time for ourselves.
- We'll look at breathing and healthy rhythm.
- We'll have daily reminders and enthusiastic support.
When less is More :: 31 Days to Rhythm Boot Camp
we'll jump into the New Year of 2014 on the wave of a new moon that begins the morning of January 1st
January 1st to January 31st
We'll have 31 days of working on our daily and weekly rhythms together.
Give yourself the gift of rhythm in 2014. Register early and save.
Free to Year Round members of Celebrate the Rhythm of Life
Included with Celebrate the Rhythm of Life in January here
Please note that this 31 Days to Rhythm Rhythm Boot Camp provides enormous support for daily and weekly rhythm, it does not include the Packet Materials unless signed in as a monthly member with the $45 fee here