About this Course
Friends, we are thrilled to share an invitation for you to join us in the Embodiment Lab!
For years we’ve been teaching this incredible work in a beautiful studio in Salt Lake City, Utah.
We usually teach to two dozen people (at the most) at a time. While we love the intimacy of that size for a live gathering, and while we utterly cherish our local live community, we’ve realized that in a sense the room has become too small and that many many more than 2 dozen people at a time really need this work.
So we’ve created an online learning lab where you can join us in this life-giving learning lab from anywhere in the world – and all at your own convenience. We just opened the Lab last month and we already have a vibrant community of folks from all over North America, Europe, Asia, and Africa. We’d love for you to join us too!
Can I get a WOOOOOHOOOOOO!?!?!
I already know I’m interested. Take me to the sign up!
We made a little video to tell you a bit about it.
By enrolling in this course, you’ll enjoy:
- Four unique 30 minute-long instructional course videos plus an audio-only version of the lessons. Each lesson will contain a talk, a guided practice, and invitations to work/play/explore on your own. The first lesson is released on the 1st Monday of the month, then weekly thereafter. You can access them at any time – they are prerecorded just for you.
- Four unique and accessible Embodied Movement Lessons provided as downloadable or streamable audio recordings.
- Two live 60-minute group conferences via Zoom with Erin & Carl. (Recordings will be available if you miss the live calls, and you’re most welcome to send your questions in via email.) Our two calls for November will be on Saturday, November 16th at 9am Mountain Time and Tuesday, November 26th at 6pm Mountain Time. Calculate your time zone here.
- A wealth of additional resources including:
- movement quickies,
- amazing articles,
- gorgeous poetry,
- guided meditations,
- bonus somatic practices,
- bonus short videos,
- experiential anatomy teachings,
- embodied mindfulness practices,
- and potent embodied inquiries.
- Oh, it’s going to be so rrrrrich!
- Optional opportunities to engage with Carl & Erin as well as the other learners in the private Embodiment Lab online group space. One of our great blessings is the incredible communities who gather around this work. You will meet some incredible, wise, kind, and authentic people of greatly varied backgrounds and ages who share so much wisdom and make the course so much richer. Community conversations will happen inside Ruzuku so you don’t have to get on a social media platform to engage.
- Invitations and reflections to help you step off the self-improvement treadmill. Sense how your own embodied learning can help not just you, but this world. Feel into what it is that is yours to do. When we contextualize our learning beyond just ourselves, we find so much meaning, energy, and inspiration. As Paul Hawken says, “You are brilliant and Earth is hiring!”
- You’ll have ongoing access to all the course materials via our easy to use online platform on Ruzuku. You may also download all the lessons to your own devices.
- Each month centers around a unique theme. We can hardly wait! Read more about upcoming themes here.
- For us, it’s a given, but we’ll make it explicit: We promise to treat you with the utmost respect and kindness, which itself can be powerfully reorganizing when you’re accustomed to people trying to help and fix you. :) We’ll never be bossy or shaming. We do our best to create a vibrant, welcome, learning context where you can feel safe to experiment and make lots of mistakes. (That’s how you become an expert, after all!) Having some gentle, invitational guidance to reclaim the birthright of your own incarnation and your own organic learning process can be so helpful and life-giving. We do our best to make it as down-to-earth, fun, engaging, respectful, spacious, practical, rich yet not-overwhelming, and beauty-filled as possible.
While the price will change in the future, you will have access to as many future months as you like at the monthly price at which you first signed up for the Lab. So if you join us now, your cost will continue to be just $50 a month to participate in the monthly courses. We’re starting with the price super low to encourage you to jump in and join us because it’s going to be sooooooo excellent and we really hope to see you there! You can stay with us in the lab over months or years or you can also opt to cancel at any time. We’re creating this vibrant learning space so we can share so much of what we love about embodied learning and practices and perspectives that we wish everyone had access to. We’ve got at least 5 years worth of materials at the ready. So let’s get started!!!!
We also have 3 scholarship spots we’ll be donating per month:
Please contact us if you’re interested in the work yet unable to afford the $50 cost without hardship. Once you contact us, we’ll add you to the list of potential scholarship recipients for that month. Please include in your email how you think this course will be of benefit in your life and anything you’d like to say about why the cost is a hardship at this time. We’ll be delighted to choose 3 recipients each month to join us for that edition of the Embodiment Lab at a pay-what-you-can rate.
If you would like to assist us in keeping this work accessible or if you have been gifted financial assistance previously and now wish to extend this generosity to others, please contact us to make a donation to our scholarship fund.
You may also contact us if you’d like to gift membership to the Embodiment Lab to someone you love. You may gift any number of months you’d like!
Some reasons the cultivation of Hara is essential:
- It is a doorway back to your embodied presence
- It is implicitly connected with the ground, the Earth, which is a connection modern humans desperately need to nurture
- It offers a direct experience of being centered
- It supports you in moving with coherence such that all parts of you moving in alignment with your intentions
- Hara is our original source of nourishment, and offers a place where we can cultivate a sense of “enoughness”
- Hara is an essential part of our embodied truth and bullshit detector
- Growing Hara can help keep other people’s concepts of beauty and strength out of your body
- Embodying this part of yourself can help you to learn how to more fully inhabit and experience moments of grief, joy, passion, and ordinariness – life itself
- An empowered hara helps immensely with reducing or eliminating back, neck, and shoulder pain
- An empowered hara helps you to embody your power.
- People with hara are much less easily manipulated by advertising, propaganda, scarcity, narcissists, conventional reality, and etc.
- Hara is connected with Soul, Earth, Duende, and your animal body knowing
- Hara allows for full belly laughter, full belly grieving – a more fully human life
- Hara can move fast but is never in a hurry
- In Japan, rather than saying that a wise person “has a good head on her shoulders” they say, “She has good belly.” Grow good belly! It’s a key to grounded, embodied wisdom.
You might enjoy reading Erin’s popular article entitled “What Should I Do With My Belly?” right here.
We hope you’ll consider joining us in November in the Embodiment Lab!
Wishing you a beautiful homecoming to your own empowered belly, pelvis and lower back,
Carl & Erin