About this course
Arctic Lace Armchair Travel eCourse
You know you want it. The chance to travel with Arctic Lace author, Donna Druchunas, and designer Susan Santos as they cruise down the Alaska coastline. But maybe you couldn’t come with us on our last cruise, or maybe you want even more.
Take your lace knitting to the next level with comprehensive tutorials designed to take the mystery out of lace. You'll even learn how to design your own lace stitches and knit lace with beads, with 13 patterns (a knitters dozen!):
- 6 shawls
- 2 cowls
- 1 scarf
- 2 pairs of socks
- 2 pairs of fingerless gloves
Armchair Cruising + Knitting!
Each of the 10 lessons will include stories about how the design was inspired by the Alaskan or Canadian landscape. Yarns we will learn about include the following, each with two patterns (and yarn substitution advice):
- Qiviut: Wrap and shawl patterns
- Angora & Merino: Two shawl patterns
- Alpaca: Moebius and crescent scarf patterns
- Qiviut blend: Socks and fingerless glove patterns
- Silk: A shawl pattern and a mystery KAL
- And more...
A photo essay will let you come along with us as an armchair traveler, and explore the wild rural and urban landscapes in the Pacific Northwest. You’ll learn about these places and more:
- Anchorage: musk oxen, Yu’pik and Inupiat Eskimos
- Juneau: berries and bears, the history of Alaska, Russian influences
- Haines: forget me not and fireweed flowers, bald eagles, Alaska wildlife
- Glacier Bay: glaciers, snowflakes, the arctic and sub-arctic climate
- Ketchikan: fishing, Tlingit culture and totem poles
- Vancouver: forests, evergreen trees, mountains, city life
What are you waiting for? Sign up now. Where else can you get so much knitting fun for such a great price?