About this Course
Join us to celebrate the first wave of Spring in 2020, and celebrate the goddess Brighid
In this course, you will:
- learn about the Wheel of the Year, its historic roots and contemporary practices, and how Imbolc fits into that cycle
- explore the significance and origins of Imbolc (not just a day, but a season!), how it was practiced in the past and how we can bring a contemporary view to the celebrations
- create your own personal Imbolc, on your own timing based on the manifesting of Spring in your locale, aided by a phenology wheel
- explore the mythologies and roots of the goddess Brighid: as the goddess of Healing, Poetry and The Forge, as Saint Brighid, and her connections with ancient Bear goddesses
- learn rituals / ceremonies for Imbolc and Là Fhéill Bhrìghde (St. Brigid’s Day) including:
- welcoming Brighid
- laying out a Bhrat Bridhe on Imbolc Eve
- candle blessings for Imbolc and Brighid (as this day is also celebrated as Candlemas in Christian practices)
- craft sacred objects including a Brighid doll, Brighid's Cross and earth candles
- explore herbs and oils for Brighid and Imbolc
- create intentions for the coming Spring
- journey to Brighid's Forge to inspire your creativity as we move into Spring. In this recorded guided meditation, you will connect and attune to your Inner Cauldrons, ignite your Inner Fires, and receive a Spirit gift from Brighid. You will then be invited to a private 1:1 online session to receive Brigid's Fire Blessing.
The course opens for registration on 20-DEC-2019 and closes to new registrations on 15-FEB-2020, when it goes back into the vault for renewal and regeneration for those celebrating Imbolc in August (in the Southern Hemisphere) and next February in the Northern Hemisphere.