About this course
Your life might look as if it is solely revolving around work and your feelings of anxiety about work. You cannot sleep, you cannot stop thinking about work, your relationships inside work are suffering and most likely outside as well. Maybe you dread going to work every morning. You have developed a lot of strategies to “help” yourself, like eating a lot, or drinking loads of coffee or tea accompanied by sweets, chocolates, biscuits, or cakes; or you have started to drink more alcohol, smoke more; or you like buying new clothes every week, browsing the internet for hours, hanging out on Facebook, and so on.
Do you use any of these strategies? Do they help? Well, short-term they often soothe or numb or distract you. Long-term? They do not work. When the sugar rush is over or the excitement about the new dress has worn off, you feel just as before, if not worse. And now in addition you often feel guilty. By doing this course you will tackle your anxiety at work effectively. When your experience at work changes, many aspects of your life outside work can change in a positive way too.
This course is the result of years of working as a psychotherapist and a life coach. I have spent many years learning about anxiety and experimenting with the advice that is out there. Everything I teach, I have tried myself. Everything I teach has been used by many of my clients to great effect. If you want to address your issues at the root and if you want to change your way of being and how you are, this is the right course for you. It is not a quick fix, and it does not offer you techniques to deal with bullying, time-pressure or constant changes. This course focuses on the underlying reasons of why we are anxious and helps you to change that. Here is an overview of the course, so you have a clear idea of what we will be doing together. This course has five modules and they build on each other.
- The first module is about Calming the System. In this module I will explain what anxiety is and I will give you exercises that will help you calm your body and your mind.
- In the second module we will define what stress is. In this module we will look at stress and how it interacts with anxiety. I will give you an exercise that will help in stressful and anxiety-provoking situations.
- In the third module we will look at the importance of perspective. Isn’t it strange that in the same circumstances people have completely different experiences and responses? In this module we will explore how the way we “see” things affects our experience and what to do about that.
- The fourth module is about your mindset. In this module we explore some of our deeply held beliefs and expectations about how we are and how this affects the way we experience our situation at work.
- And in the last module we will explore how you can increase your resilience. In this module we will define what resilience is and you will learn techniques that can increase your resilience.
By doing this course you will learn many things that can help you to feel calm and more in control of your experience of your work situation. I am confident that if you practise the exercises that I am teaching you in this course, implement them in your life and use them, you will feel more in control of your work situation, and you will feel calmer and more relaxed. If by the end of the course you can honestly say that this course has made no difference to your experience and you have not managed to reduce your anxiety at work at all, I will give you your money back.
Please be aware that this course is a self-guided course.
Here are some comments from people who have done the course:
" A great course for understanding anxiety and how to deal with it" Trish C. (April 2018)
"A very enjoyable and powerful course! It has helped me to make changes and practice exercises which have reduced my anxiety. I would highly recommend it. Thank you Britta!" LM, Stirling (April 2018)
"This course really helped me to understand and deal with how I felt. It accomplished more than I was expecting and am so glad I went." C Bruce (April 2018)
"I learned a lot from participating in this course and I feel anything that helps with keeping me on an even keel and enjoying life is worth exploring further and doing. I looked forward to each session and there was always something I took away with me each week to reflect on and either use at work or consider differently. There are various materials to be read and tools to be tried out. It is not too onerous and it is all there to use in the future again and again." Aileen (April 2017)
"This was a really helpful course that was really useful for learning ways to not let stress get to you in the workplace. I was able to take away methods of regaining control of my thoughts in stressful situations and gain a better understanding of why I feel the way I do when I'm anxious and what to do about it. Thanks a lot." Emma E. (April 2017)