About this course
Many of us feel closest to Mama Earth in Spring, as the energy of new life so rapidly waxes around us. Some celebrate the March Equinox as the start of the spring season, while for others it an exploration of the balance in their life, as the twice-yearly Equinox is a moment of global balance, when the days and nights are of equal length around the globe. And for me, it is not just a celebration of the Equinox itself, but an exploration of the season it begins (Late Spring, following the Early Spring of Imbolc) which continues until Bealtaine, marking the season of Early Summer.
However you choose to celebrate, join us to align with the energy of the season, as together we explore the second of the Spring Celebrations in the Wheel of the Year — known by many other names such Alban Eilir, Cónacht An Earraig, Earrach, Summer Finding, and Ostara — including:
- the magical correspondences of Spring
- connecting with a bird ally
- eggs in magick and spiritual traditions
- spring ceremony and ritual
- herbs of spring . . . time for a spring tonic and a lovely spring tea!
- Celtic spring traditions
- a card layout (the Aries Treasure Map)
- goddesses of Spring
- a guided meditation with the goddess Persephone to celebrate moving from Winter to Spring
- and more!
Although primarily from a Northern Hemisphere perspective, we will explore the connections between Spring and Autumn Equinoxes, including the complementary energies and goddesses such as Persephone (Spring) and Demeter (Autumn).