About this course
Want to learn to knit beautiful Scandinavian stranded colour work sweaters with steeks?
Join knitting teacher and desiger, Anniken Allis, for this Scandinavian Stranded Colour Work & Steeking Course
Steeking enables you to knit a garment in the round then cut a slit for the sleeves or cut a sweater down the centre front to turn it into a cardigan. Techniques taught in this class can also be used to alter garments.
In this course you will learn how to
- knit Continental knit stitch and English knit stitch so you can knit stranded colour work (similar technique to fair isle knitting) with one colour in each hand or both colours Continental style in the left hand
- achieve perfect floats that aren't too tight or too long
- weave in floats over longer stretches of colour
- reinforce and cut the steek
- pick up stitches for button bands
- work a 'steek sandwich' (a covered edging/button band) with an i-cord cast off (bind off) and i-cord button hole
- work a rib button band with one row button holes and sewn (stretchy) cast off (bind off)
- set in a sleeve
- read charts
- knit in the round using circular needles, magic loop and double pointed needles
You will need 4ply/fingering weight yarn and 3mm-3.5mm (US 3-4) needles OR dk/worsted yarn and 3.75mm-4.5mm (US 5-7) needles. You'll want to achieve a tension (gauge) that's not too loose. You'll also need a 3-3.5mm crochet hook, small, sharp scissors and at least one stitch marker.
This course consists of video lessons, which have subtitles, and a short course e-book (pdf). The course is in English with English subtitles.
You can work through the material in your own time and at your own pace. You keep indefinite access to the course.
If you have any questions during the course, there is a space to ask questions after each lesson or e-mail Anniken on firstname.lastname@example.org
The course costs US $40 (approx UK £32 depending on exchange rate at time of purchase)
Anniken is an experienced knit wear designer and teacher. She has been designing knitting patterns & teaching workshops around the UK since 2007. Her patterns have been published in British and American knitting and crochet magazines and she has designed for several yarn companies and contributed to several books. Anniken grew up in Norway and learnt to knit stranded colour work as a teenager. She has been teaching this workshop in yarn shops for several years.
To pay without setting up a Paypal account:
- Click Check Out with Paypal
- Click Pay by Debit or Credit Card
- Fill in your payment details
- Before you hit Agree & Continue, you can tick if you want to create a Paypal account or not.