About this course
Skill Set: Intermediate to Advanced Only- Open Enrollment work at your own pace. If you are new to digital landscape painting Karen would suggest you enroll in her extensive landscape series to prepare for this course.
- Digital Landscape Essentials Part 1
- Digital Landscape Essentials Part 2
- Paint Like Bob Ross Using Digital Techniques
Class Starts: July 1st
Software Requirements: Painter 2019 or greater.
Students will learn how to paint light in their landscapes. This course has been designed based on Karen's methods and observations so you can apply it to your own work.
This course includes:
- Custom Brushes designed by Karen
- A live Webinar session where you will watch Karen paint a landscape in digital light.
- Texture and background overlays
- Video instruction which you can download or stream
- Selecting Color
- Strong values are an important key to a strong painting. Karen will share the importance of values and their fundamental relationship with lighting and color.
- Painting atmosphere can be an effective tool for establishing a mood or story. Karen will discuss lighting conditions that describe the atmosphere and how the atmosphere affects objects in space. Karen will demonstrate some special case lighting effects and show you how to achieve her signature soft water reflections.
- Students will explore some of the overlooked tools for creating amazing lighting in your paintings.
- Students will complete two distinct paintings based on Karen's lesson plan.
- Don't color correct in Photoshop! You can do it in Painter! Karen will provide several PDFs and course videos on using color adjustments in Painter using several tools you may have overlooked or did not know about. They will make a huge difference in your painting past and present and help you to prepare for excellence.