About this course
In modern life, with so much time spent sitting in chairs, the range of our everyday movement is limited, and many of us hold tension in our hips.
When the pelvis is not free, there are many ways we are restricted.
Lack of mobility in the hip joints is often at the root of neck and back pain, along with knee and ankle challenges.
When we liberate the hips, we can be organized around a strong, dynamic, intelligent center, and our movements can have a quality of coherence, grace, and elegance.
Another reason we are often not free in our hips is that we don’t fully inhabit our pelvis and low belly, our Hara. When we are not inhabiting our Hara, we miss out on an enormous source of bodily intelligence and insight and are bound to the values of the head.
In this month, we will explore a powerful series of movement lessons, meditations and talks, deepening our intimacy, and learning how to fully inhabit, and liberate the hips and pelvis.
Free your pelvis, and the rest will follow.
Details on the course:
By enrolling in this course, you’ll enjoy:
- Four unique 30(ish) minute-long instructional course videos plus an audio-only version of the lesson. Each lesson will contain a talk, a guided practice, and invitations to work/play/explore on your own. The first lesson is released around the 1st of the month, then weekly thereafter. You can access them at any time - they are prerecorded just for you and accessible for as long as we're in business. (We hope it's a very long time.)
- Four unique and accessible Embodied Movement Lessons provided as downloadable and/or streamable audio recordings.
- Two live 60-minute group conferences via Zoom with Erin & Carl. (Recordings will be available if you miss the live calls, and you’re most welcome to send your questions in via email.) Usually one weekday at 6pm Mountain and one weekend day at 9am mountain. Calculate your time zone here. Times and dates for calls are announced for each unique month of the lab.
- A wealth of additional resources including:
- movement quickies,
- amazing articles,
- gorgeous poetry,
- guided meditations,
- bonus somatic practices,
- bonus short videos,
- experiential anatomy teachings,
- embodied mindfulness practices,
- and potent embodied inquiries.
- Oh, it's going to be so rrrrrich.
- Optional opportunities to engage with other learners in the private Embodiment Lab online conversations. One of our great blessings is the incredible community that gathers around this work. You will meet some incredible, wise, kind, real and authentic people who share so much wisdom.
- Invitations and reflections to help you step off the self-improvement treadmill. As Zen teacher Cheri Huber says, "Self-hatred uses self-improvement as self-maintenance." Potent learning and possibilities emerge when we exit that paradigm, let go of self-fixing and enjoy learning. Then we can discover how your own embodied learning can help not just you, but this world. When we contextualize our learning beyond just ourselves, we find so much meaning, energy, and inspiration. As Paul Hawken says, "You are brilliant and Earth is hiring!"
- You'll have ongoing access to all the course materials via our easy to use online platform on Ruzuku. You may also download all the lessons to your own devices.
- Each month centers around a unique theme. We can hardly wait! Read more about upcoming themes here.
- For us, it's a given, but we'll make it explicit: We promise to treat you with the utmost respect and kindness. We'll never be bossy or shaming. You're a grown-ass adult after all, so how you use the practices is up to you. We're honored to share potent, gentle, invitational guidance to support you as you reclaim your birthright: your own incarnation, your full embodiment, and your own organic learning process. We do our best to make it as down to earth, fun, engaging, and beauty-filled as possible.
- Please note: if you enroll after the 15th of the month, you'll be signing up for the next upcoming month of the lab. If you enroll before the 15th, you'll have access to the current month's course materials.
Cost is only $50 USD for each month of the Embodiment Lab!
Sign up here
While the price will change in the future, you will have access to as many future months as you like at the monthly price at which you first signed up for the Lab. So if you join us now, your cost will continue to be just $50 a month to participate in the monthly courses. We're starting with the price super low to encourage you to jump in and join us because it's going to be sooooooo excellent and we really hope to see you there! Please read our cancellation policy before signing up.
You can stay with us in the lab over months or years or you can also opt to cancel at any time. We're creating this vibrant learning space so we can share so much of what we love about embodied learning and practices and perspectives that we wish everyone had access to. We've got at least 5 years worth of materials at the ready. So let's get started!!!!
We also have 3 scholarship spots we'll be donating per month:
Please contact us if you’re interested in the work yet unable to afford the $50 cost without hardship. Once you contact us, we’ll add you to the list of potential scholarship recipients for that month. Please include in your email how you think this course will be of benefit in your life and anything you'd like to say about why the cost is a hardship at this time. We’ll be delighted to choose 3 recipients each month to join us for that edition of the Embodiment Lab at a pay-what-you-can rate.
If you would like to assist us in keeping this work accessible or if you have been gifted financial assistance previously and now wish to extend this generosity to others, please contact us to make a donation to our scholarship fund.
You may also contact us if you’d like to gift membership to the Embodiment Lab to someone you love. You may gift any number of months you’d like!
Again, here's the cancellation/refund policy. Please familiarize yourself.
Carl and Erin