About this course
Welcome, GORGEOUS VISIONARY!
(...YES, that welcome INCLUDES you BEGINNERS as well as more experienced who want to take this as far as you can go!)
Release your fears, get your skills, find your voice.
You do not want to be trained and restrained (by unrealistic "fashion" body proportions or other rules that don't make sense.) You want FREEDOM.
Freedom to create, discover, explore, expand, and get to know yourself more deeply in the process.
You want to all of this while becoming fluent, skilled, precise, accurate, knowledgeable in the verbal, visual, and crafted language of fashion design and illustration.
You want an environment where you are supported and guided in your fashion studies, not dictated to, to create and express your unique ideas and style.
I WANT to draw it out of you through guided assignments, consistent support as you feel you need it, and through holding the vision for what I know you are capable of and bringing you there through your own experience and motivation in this course container.
My genius and gift after 20 years of fashion teaching is
- to see your strengths beyond your uncertainty,
- to tap you into a deep sense of magic, connection and creativity
- to fan your flame however faint until your voice and skill are strong
- to make each skill (listed below) approachable and understandable
- to undo beliefs you have about yourself and your abilities so that you can soar at a whole new level
- to give you a solid foundation in fashion art and design skills for a lifetime of creativity
My intention and experience is to create SUCH a supportive and safe environment that you are able to amaze yourself in a program that will have you taking creative and adventurous risks working with a playful and free approach going deep in your learning journey.
Check out the testimonials!
You keep your lifetime access to all of the modules, and can review videos and lessons again and again. (priceless!). Every step of the way you are invited to share your comments and artwork in the discussion boxes where you can give and get feedback from our cozy classroom community!
Art supply kit is not required but highly recommended. Check it out here! Purchase from the link, adjust items in the cart, or print and take to your local retailer.
There are no refunds for any digital products- please take your time and make sure you are comfortable to make this purchase! Trust your gut. Once you're in, commit to this incredible journey and process and amaze yourself when you see what comes out of you.
Email Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
You'll gain instant access to 16 core modules (about an hour per week of video), and be guided every step to illustrating and designing your own first unique fashion collection, in watercolors, with an inspiration board, fabric swatches, and details.
THEN YOU CAN ACCESS your PLUS bonus Eveningwear minicourse,
The lessons intentionally take you from beginner to deep, gradually, and making you feel at ease trying new ways to see and work with your eyes, hands, and art supplies.
I've been teaching at Parsons in NYCsince 1997, and also on Craftsy.com. I created Parsons' very first Fashion Design and Illustration online course back in 2008!
Share your message. Create and celebrate feminine beauty however you define that. Learn to confidently sketch bodies, garment silhouettes, fabric textures, colors, patterns, and "tell stories" through the process and presentation of fashion and fashion art!
Register here today!
- model drawing, straight and posed
sketch and customize your croquis for different body types, including your OWN
- professional gouache watercolor techniques
- color mixing/ color matching your paint to your swatches
- rendering textures and prints to scale (making your illustration look like the fabric)
- great art supplies and how you can use them
- technical drawing- stitching, darts, gathers, etc....
- creative feedback community, like- minded creatives!
- mood boards- create some!
- color palettes- create stories with color
- fabric swatches- basic print design - create, create!
- design sketchbook development- develop your ideas
- quick sketching practice in your sketchbook
- using shading to create 3-d form
- designing an original group of clothes
- illustrating your collection
- presenting your sketches
- ask questions! give and get feedback!
For my website homepage, click here!
Register now to lock in this promotional price today...
Model sketch theory and technique-- All body types encouraged and preferred!
Learn and practice creative fashion illustration with gouache and pencils:
Technical drawing and flats:
Get my favorite ground-breaking tips about drawing and sketching and seeing/drawing details in clothing!
and so much more!