About this course
In this 40 days retreat we will be reflecting on the three interconnecting 'movements' by which a soul is drawn into an ever deepening relationship with Christ. This retreat is for all those whose desire is:
- to gently give themselves to being exposed to ever deepening depths of relationship with the person of Christ;
- to know themselves in a new way, having come to see the necessity of stripping off the old and tattered clothes of ego domination;
- to allow the spirit to breathe within and through themselves to others.
- To, "prefer nothing whatever to Christ." Rule of St Benedict (R.B. 72:11)
Anyone of any denomination and state in life is invited to make this retreat. The retreat is based on the three vows made by Benedictine nuns and monks, vows which are easily translated into promises, without a formal consecration to religious life: Benedict can be followed in married life and in single life.
These three interconnected movements, promises, vows are:
- Conversion of Life: The Turning
- Obedience: The Dying
- Stability: The Cleaving
As this retreat unfolds you will come to understand how these threefold movements can become the essence of your relationship with Christ, and that ultimately, they are one: an interconnecting movement of love as heart speaks to heart. They are our "leading strings" of love out of which flows Liberty of Spirit, a Benedictine charism.