About this course
Assessment in the Time of COVID
- What do I do with interrupted assessments (aka I started the WISC in mid-March but didn’t finish)?
- Isn’t five months of no school an exclusionary factor for SLD?
- How do I do social observations for an autism or ED eligibility consideration when the student is doing distance learning?
- What if the parent does not want to bring their student in for in-person assessment via appointment?
These are just a handful of questions swirling around in the minds of school psychologists this fall. So, let’s talk about “best practice in our current circumstances.” Let’s talk about things to consider. Let’s talk about what we might want to add in our reports this fall. Let’s talk.
This course is FREE for all NSP Insiders members as well as members of PSW Monthly. If you are interested in learning about NSP Insider, click HEREand for information about PSW Monthly, click HERE. If you are already a member, check the membership site for your link to register at no cost.
This course contains on-demand videos on all of these topics:
- Triennial and Initial Evaluations
- In-Person and Virtual Assessments
- Student observations
- Cognitive/Processing Assessment
- Academic Assessment
- Social-Emotional Assessment
- Speech-Language Assessment
- Exclusionary Factors
- Eligibility Discussions
Additionally, all participants will be invited to twice monthly live Q&A Zoom Calls in September, October, and November. We will also continue our calls through December and January. December dates just added:
Dates are set as:
- Monday, November 9 @ 9:00 am PST
- Thursday, November 19 @ 8:00 PST
- Thursday, December 10th @ 3:00 pm PST
- Monday, December 14th @ 7:30 am PST
CEUs for NCSP and LEP (CA Only) are available. Certificates of completion are also available for anyone that needs it.
This course meets the qualifications for 2.5 hours of continuing education credit for LEPs, LPCCs, LMFTs and LCSWs. This course also qualifies for 2.5 hours of continuing professional development for Nationally Certified School Psychologists, under provider number 1025. The California Association of School Psychologists maintains responsibility for the program and its content.