About this course
Explore the season from Samhain, traditionally celebrated on November 1st, through to Winter Solstice on December 21st.
Samhain marks a new year in the Celtic Wheel of the Year, born from the darkness of Winter, from the womb of Mama Earth. It is a time of visioning and dreaming and co-creating our world as it spirals toward a new year, when you may turn your thoughts to healing, renewing and co-creating in perhaps a different way.
What would it mean to you to step into a place of co-creating with Spirit (Sky), the Ancestors (Sea) and the deities/energies of the Land — and your Self? What new dream will YOU co-create for the coming year?
We will explore Samhain (Old Irish for "Summer's End", modern Irish for the month of November, pronounced "sow-wen") origins, lore and traditions in the Celtic world. We will explore the season up to Samhain using the framework of the Celtic cosmology of Land, Sea and Sky — which exists in both the physical and spiritual realms — including practices, rituals, craft, deities, animal allies, such as:
- Land (Talam), Middle World: Land holds the magic of our physical world and its energetic counterpart, our Self and all those who inhabit the Earth such as plants, trees herbs and crystals, animals of all kinds. In Land, explore Winter correspondences such as Earth and North, and our animal allies, and create a Cailleach Cairn for your Samhain Release Ritual
- Sea (Muir), Under World: Sea is our magical connections with the Sídhe (the Faerie realms) and others who reside in this realm including ancestors and other spirits. It is a place for journeys (aka imramma), rituals, exploring deities associated with water and the underworld, including the archetypes of the Dark Goddesses and Sorceress. We will also work with goddesses from other pantheons associated with this time, such as Hekate.
- Sky (Nem), Upper World: Sky holds the medicine of the Sun, Moon and Stars; lunar/solar events, divination, sacred crafts of Air, and deities and allies of the Sky realm, and our connection to Spirit. Explore the energies of An Cailleach as she emerges for Winter — and her connection to Brighid — and more.
A new favourite element — Resources for your Practice — is also included in this course.
NEW! We are also offering a scheduled ZOOM webinar during the course, when we will sit in Circle together, virtually and energetically, as we share ritual and a guided journey.
Initial course content will be available on October 24th, with additional lessons and activities scheduled throughout October and November. Follow at your own pace.
Join us any time during Samhain Season!
If a participant wishes to cancel their enrolment in an online course, please note the following policy and procedure.
If you wish to withdraw from the course after your purchase is completed AND at least one day before the course begins, please notify Inner Journey Events via email to email@example.com of your wish to withdraw from the course (please specify the course name) and that you wish to receive a refund. Please note that all requests for refunds or changes must be submitted by email to only and not via social media or any other route.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that we have received your email within the stated timeframe, so please email us again if you are unsure.
- Please note that any notifications emailed on a weekend will be deemed to have been received on the following Monday, unless that day is a statutory holiday in Canada, in which case it will be deemed to have been received on the Tuesday.
- If your request meets the above criteria, we will issue a refund minus the small charge that our payment processors take (approximately 5% of the fee paid), and will then remove you from the course.
- The refund can only be issued through our payment providers by the means and in the currency that you paid and we cannot compensate for any exchange rate fluctuations. Please note that it could take several days for the refund to be processed via PayPal or Stripe.
- We will advise you as soon as the refund is initiated.
Refunds are not available once a course has started, as you have had access to the materials.