About this course
Learn lace knitting with lace knitting expert Anniken Allis
Anniken has been designing lace patterns and teaching workshops including lace knitting workshops since 2007. Her patterns have been published in British and American magazines. She has designed for yarn companies, contributed to books and written two books, Easy Lace Knits and Beaded Lace Knitting.
This course has 26 lessons and 65 videos. You can work through the course at your own pace, in your own time and you keep indefinite access to the course. Anniken will answer any questions you have (there's a space after each lesson/video to ask questions).
This course is suitable for knitters who have never knitted lace to intermediate lace knitters. You need to be able to knit, purl, cast on and cast/bind off (although I show you several methods of both cast ons and cast/bind offs suitable for lace knitting).
In this course you will learn:
- How to work basic lace stitches including yarn overs and various decreases
- How to read lace charts
- Four different cast ons and cast/bind offs suitable for lace knitting and how they compare to each other
- Double and triple yarn overs
- How to improve the look of your lace knitting
- How to shape (increase or decrease) while keeping the pattern correct
- How to fix mistakes (easy and more complex)
- Provisional cast ons (four methods)
- How to knit lace on both sides (right and wrong side rows)
- How to knit edgings including applied (knitted on) edgings
- Grafting (Kitchener and Russian grafting)
- Circular cast ons (two methods)
- How to work different shawl shapes (11 shapes)
- Adding beads
- How to read your knitting
This course consists of mostly video lessons. This course is in English with English subtitles added to some videos. The remaining videos will have subtitles added.
To pay without setting up a Paypal account:
- Click Check Out with Paypal
- Click Pay by Debit or Credit Card
- Fill in your payment details
- Before you hit Agree & Continue, you can tick IF you want to create a Paypal account or not (you don't have to sign up to a Paypal account).