About this Course
Celebrate Daily Life with Children in June
:: a living curriculum program for early childhood
The Celebrating the Rhythm of Life in Caring for Children in June ~living curriculum program includes:
- eCourse for June is Love ~ The Heart of Discipline
- Start Up Guide: How to get going
- Finding Daily Rhythm with Yourself
- Daily, Weekly and Monthly Rhythm Plan (if you want it sketched out ~ it's here)
- Guide for putting it all together
- Circle, Song, Story, Fingerplay and Movement games for the Nursery child (0-3) and the Kindergarten child (3-6)
- Fairy Tale ideas for the month
- Nature Story Curriculum for the Nursery Child
- Puppetry ideas to go along with the stories for each month
- Menus with Recipes describing the grains of the Waldorf kindergarten (breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea) and including seasonal foods and recipes for each month.
- Meal Planning Support
- Housework Rhythms
- Handwork for each month with hands on tutorial
- Celebration and Festival background and songs, story, recipes and ideas for gathering to celebrate
- Seasonal foods to plant, harvest, prepare and eat with children
- In the Morning Garden ~ a tip each month for group programs
- Afterschool Care of the child ~ Rhythm and Rest, Activities, Festival Life, Movement Games and Stories for the grade school child
- Explanation of the underlying developmental needs of the child in Waldorf early childhood, the whys
- Pedagogy behind the topic
- Practical activity to accompany monthly topic
- Exercise to do with the topic ~ practice
- Reflection ~ questions for nurturing the inner life
- Private online discussion group where we discuss parenting concerns, balancing it all, how to best use the curriculum material, balancing housework, bringing in artistic activities, self care and most of all finding the rhythm that best supports our own families and tending to that rhythm with care, creativity and consciousness.
- Posts through the month on the focus topic
- Ideas for creating community where you live
- Resources for finding high quality and affordable materials
- Ongoing discussion through the month
- Guidance and Support to Implement Daily and Weekly rhythms that nourish your family
- A Deeper Understanding of the Waldorf kindergarten and nursery
- Monthly Support Packets. Packets of support material for the month with circles (one for nursery age and one for kindergarten) as well as poems, games, finger plays, festival and celebration information and ideas, recipes, meal planning support, handwork and patterns and activities to do with your children for that month. Daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal rhythm packets are also included as well as tips for the child care provider and after school child.
- Tutorials for Wet on Wet Watercolor Painting, Coloring with Children and Modeling with Children
- Tutorials for Cooking and Baking with Children
- Videos ~ Each month you’ll find a video with practical help, it may be a short collection of songs or games, a fingerplay or a short puppet show for you to learn.
- Online Discussion Group ~ Join a wise, wonderful and warm group of mamas and papas who are walking this path with you. Ask questions of Lisa or of other members of the group whenever you’re looking for inspiration or a creative approach to a challenge. Share your struggles and celebrations with others on this path.
Is this a Homeschool Curriculum?
On the one hand, daily life is the curriculum in early childhood. Who the aduld is to the child is what matters most. This program supports you to find your stride and create spaciousness in your family life to create and sustain healthy rhythms for your family and to take up some of the most delightful aspects of childhood: creativity, wonder, enchantment, beauty and goodness along with self care and healthy boundaries.
On the other hand, the support material contains stories, circle, songs, verse, games, puppetry, recipes, inner work, handwork and more to support daily life and nourish a beautiful, strong rhythmic connection with the natural world and celebrate the rhythm of life through the year with your child. So yes, it is a curriculum in that sense.
The materials and support come out of my nearly twenty years experience of teaching and mothering children in the nursery and kindergarten years and are of the caliber one would find in a lovely Waldorf kindergarten program. I also bring the experience of my work with parents experiencing pregnancy, childbirth and early childhood that spans nearly twenty five years. I am so pleased to be able to share these practical skills and experience in ways that are ongoing and truly supportive.
This program/curriculum guides and supports parents, child care providers, homemakers, early childhood educators and those who work with young children to find a deeper understanding of the needs of children, Waldorf education, self knowledge, rhythm, play, strength, nourishment and community, in the task of caring for children.
Love ~ The Heart of Discipline is included with Celebrate the Rhythm of Life in Caring for Children in June, it's available as a stand alone eCourse here
there is no fee for Year Round Members of Celebrate the Rhythm of Life