About this course
This course is for you if you have been wanting to learn the Alexander Technique or have taken courses or classes with me before and want to expand your knowledge and experience.
If you don't know about the Alexander Technique here is a brief description:
You know when you see someone walking or running along the side of the road and you say to yourself "Ouch, that has got to hurt?"
Well, it does hurt! Moving poorly can be a great source of pain and stiffness. Learning how to move better can rid you of pain and make you feel more comfortable and confident in your body. Moving better improves balance, coordination, stamina, and can make your whole self feel more joyful!
This is why I am creating this course. I want to teach you how to move better!!
I'm basing this course on one that I taught last spring and am still teaching. We started out with the basic principles of the Alexander Technique and have expanded into an in-depth program that has helped everyone improve the way that they move and how they apply their new mobility to their daily activities.
You will learn:
- How to move more freely with less pain and stiffness.
- Ways to reduce stress and feel more relaxed in your body.
- How to walk more easily so that you can take those long walks in the fall and not be thinking about where the next bench is to rest.
- Breathing techniques that will not only reduce stress but improve your breathing capacity. With improved breathing, your voice will be more resonant and vocal projection will improve.
- How to improve your posture and not by telling yourself to “Sit up straight” but instead we will really deep dive as to why good posture is important and easy ways to improve posture. You will also learn about all the things related to good posture such as chairs, wedges, lumbar cushions.
- You will learn how to apply the Alexander Technique to all kinds of activities from unloading the dishwasher to playing golf, tennis, or a musical instrument.
We will meet Tuesday afternoons at 4 pm EST. I would like to start Tuesday, November 10th. Each class is 45 minutes long. The price of 4 classes (1 month) is $135. The course is open-ended and on-going. Think of it structured like a yoga class or an exercise class where you sign up for 4 weeks at a time.
Please let me know if you have any questions. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope that you will join!