About this Course
Celebrate the Rhythm of Life in Caring for Children in August ~ a living curriculum program consists of a Monthly Guides (eBooks, Tutorials and Community) + an eCourse each month that are grounded in the golden rules of parenting and homemaking.
The eCourse for August 2017 is Waldorf in the Home, 31 days to creating a Waldorf home.
Together, the August Seasonal Monthly Guides (eBooks) and the eCourse will:
- Inspire you to sing, tell stories and share fingerplays and movement games
- Support you to establish and implement daily, weekly and seasonal rhythms
- Deepen your understanding of childhood
- Deepen your understanding of yourself
- Guide you through painting, coloring and modeling
- Provide gentle inner work through the month
- Provide a warm and wise community
- Provide stories, songs, movement games and fingerplays to use with your child
- Provide nature crafts and activities for summer
- Provide seasonal recipes and tips for making meal times pleasant
- Support you to bring rhythm to your home, childcare program or classroom
- Help you to notice the little things, deeds, words, gestures that shape each day
In the words of a happy participant:
"Lisa, your Celebrate the Rhythm of Life in Caring for Children ~ living curriculum program has helped me help my family to slow down and appreciate each other more. It has helped me become more clear and confident in my mothering and it has also helped me understand my children better. It also has helped me set up the rhythms we need. Thank you so much. It seems so easy now"
August's Focus Topic is Waldorf in the Home: Small deeds, the inner mood, how we ensoul and inhabit our homes is our topic for contemplation and discussion. I'll share a tutorial for making a child's apron.
The Monthly Guides are in (pdf) format and the eCourse is online. The material and the eCourse is set up for you to stop in, at your convenience to access the material and join the conversation. There is no requirement to be available at a particular time.
Participants may sign up for the month or for the year. After the first year of membership, year round members will have continued access to the program for free.
With Celebrating the Rhythm of Life in Caring for Children in August, you will:
- Receive eBooks with Circles, Stories, Songs, Finger play and Movement Games for August
- Receive a Daily and Weekly Rhythm Plan (if you want it sketched out ~ it’s here for you)
- Receive Menus with recipes based on the kindergarten grains for each day, along with wholesome summer foods and alternatives to grains
- Receive suggestions for Nature crafts and Activities for Summer
- Learn with a step by step Tutorial for Making a Child's Apron
- Explore the pedagogy behind the focus topic of Creating a Family Home
- Explore the foods of August to harvest and prepare, preserve and plant with children
- Favorite book suggestions for August
- Receive In the Morning Garden ( Tips for caregivers)
- Reflection ~ questions for nurturing the inner life
- Have access to a private website with a private discussion among the group
- Receive enthusiastic daily notices to help you find your stride with rhythm
- Ideas for creating community where you live
- Connect with others, get help and encouragement through the month, create community, find support, receive encouragement!