About this Course
I have an idea for a book I want to write! (Sound familiar?)
People say this to me all the time, their eyes lit up by the thought of creating something they may have dreamed of their whole life. But then the waves of doubt set in. How do I know my idea is a good one? Would anyone read a book I wrote? I don’t even know where to start.
And so months, maybe years, pass by, and those beautiful ideas – ones that could literally change the world – stay undeveloped concepts.
The key to making it happen is to get clear before you get started. When you take the time to do this, you’ll find that your dream of a book can become a reality. You can stop talking about it and start doing it.
THE BOOK IN YOU is designed to help you finally dive in to the unwritten book in you! It’s about:
- Getting clear about what you want to write and why you want to write it
- Gaining clarity around your specific concept, your “hook,” and your unique author POV
- Understanding where your idea fits in to the current marketplace
- Knowing who the audience for your book is
- Feeling empowered to take the next steps
The truth? No one else can write your book.
Your idea, your perspective, your voice, and your message is unique to you. THE BOOK IN YOU is about clearing the fear and confusion around tackling your big writing goal so you can get your message out into the world! (Don’t you think it’s about time?)
THE BOOK IN YOU is a 4-part virtual, self-study class — four content-packed videos plus do-on-your-own exercises, each designed to bring you clarity and focus on whatever it is you’re yearning to write.
- Class 1: Honing In on the Book Idea -- Is my idea a good one and worth pursuing? In this video, you'll learn how to get clear on your idea, your "why," your unique POV, and what you have to offer.
- Class 2: Knowing Your Audience -- How do I know if this is something people will want to read? This video is about getting clear on the different audiences for your book -- who they are and what they need.
- Class 3: Understanding the Market -- How do I know if my idea is unique enough to stand out? This session explores the competitive market for your book idea and helps you identify how your idea is different and why there's room for it in the world.
- Class 4: Putting It All Together -- I'm ready to start writing...now what? This video provides suggested strategies for sitting down and writing your book!
When you purchase The Book in You e-course, you'll receive an invitation to join my private Facebook group just for past students, which gives you ongoing access to me, a place to post questions, get feedback, and connect with other writers.
Curious if this class is right for you? Do you:
- Have the seeds (or many seeds) of an idea for a book you dream of writing?
- Is your book idea nonfiction (self-help, how-to, memoir, etc.)?
- Are you motivated to create but need support in taking the first steps?
- Are you ready to stop talking about writing a book and actually start writing it?
Did you answer yes to the above questions? Then this class is for you!
What Others are Saying
“Debbie’s class exceeded my expectations on many levels. Actually, I jumped into it thinking I was pretty clear on what I was going to write about and why, and figured it would provide me with the kick in the pants to get the ball rolling. Well, get the ball rolling it did, but not until after some hard thought and gentle nudging to really consider such salient questions such as who is my reader? Who else writes on these topics? Why am I writing? Debbie helped clarify why and how I was writing.” – Lisa Dewey Wells, Wonder of Children
“I was impressed with Debbie’s class. It was smart and straightforward with realistic strategies to get your book idea from point A to B.” – Angela Taylor Hylland, My Castle Heart
“When I signed up for this class I had about 6 book ideas rollin’ around in my head and had no clue where to start. Debbie did an amazing job of breaking things down simply and systematically to let me know which step to take next. If you know you’ve got a book in you and you want someone to help you make it come to life, Debbie’s your girl and this class is a perfect place to start!” – Gia Duke, Heart-ist. Life Coach. Entrepreneur
“This course is a MUST for every aspiring writer! Debbie combines her writing experience, industry knowledge, and life coaching skills to expertly guide you to hone in on the book in you!” – Michele Anderson, Health & Wellness Consultant
THE BOOK IN YOU -- What You Get:
- 4 content-packed video lessons
- 4 corresponding homework packets featuring do-on-your-own exercises
- Clarity on your book idea(s) so you know how to move forward
- Membership in my private Facebook Group for writers
Have questions? Shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll get back to you right away!