About this course
Now we'll go much deeper with the skills we got going in FREEDOM FASHION! (Beginners are also welcome)
You're comfortable now with model drawing, color and collections, renderings and what it takes tob ring a single collection together and present it.
You're ready for the next level!
Through video demonstrations, discussions, sharing and projects, you will get to know your own style much better through exploration and expression, while focusing in on markets and aspects of fashion that will deepen your vocabulary.
- technical drawings from existing garments honing in on fine detail representation to a professional level. (don't worry! you can do it, it's fun, informative and great to know!)
- designing for hand knits/crochet as well as cut-and-sewn knits, jerseys, stretch knits, rib knits, knit laces, matte jerseys... expand your awareness of these materials and their unique capabilities, as well as practice illustrating them.
- explore print design and use it to design a unique group, recolor and reproduce swatches to hone your gouache and color skills. This is very effective and fun!
- strengthen your detailing and shading skills through design of a white or monochromatic group/collection.
- create severalcroquis groups and finish illustrations for your favorites.
- model drawing review and practice
- explore evening concepts and seasonal concepts
- explore stripe and plaid, and their relationship to the GRAIN of the fabric
- learn techniques for rendering satin, lace, fur, tafetta, sequin, leather, and tulle.
- EXCELLENT preparation for portfolio, through the development of these groups!!!
Sounds like a lot... Well, it is, but....
We will heavily fill your croquis book to bursting!
And you’ll find different personalities and aspects of your own voice within each project/ exercise/ assignment.
Come as you are and move at your own pace I am here to HELP’
You will never be the same again! I can't think of a better way to enjoy a frosty evening and lose yourself in your imagination and the world of fashion.
I hope you'll join me for this unique adventure into your personal world of fashion design illustration, concepts, research and development.