About this course
Retreat in Daily Life
hosted by Anam Cara Ministries
February 21 – February 27, 2021
A week-long opportunity for busy people to find spiritual rest and renewal in their daily schedule.
What is a Retreat in Daily Life?
This week-long session gives you the opportunity to experience a contemplative retreat with daily spiritual direction, without traveling to a retreat center and leaving your daily routine
You will be taught different prayer styles and forms, provided with Scripture to use in prayer, and given a daily session with a spiritual director. The spiritual direction that you will receive is not counseling, but is similar in that it takes place during a one-on-one conversation, and does often result in healing. You will have access to a forum for discussion, and receive resources guiding you in prayer.
Spiritual direction is about listening to our inner movements as we read, reflect and meditate on Scripture. It is about the ancient art of spiritual listening, one to another. For centuries men and women, both lay and ordained, have been recognized as having a specific calling to help others draw closer to God. They are gifted in the movement of the Spirit and helping us discern where God is present and working in our lives.
A group of spiritual directors will guide us through this retreat. They come from a variety of denominations, each with the call to spiritual direction.
What will my participation look like?
- Attend an Orientation on Sunday, February 21 from 11 am-1 pm MST over Zoom
- Attend a Closure Celebration on Saturday, March 27 from 11 am-1 pm MST over Zoom
- Each day spend 30 minutes in directed prayer as provided by your spiritual director
- From Monday to Friday, meet with your spiritual director for 30-45 minutes each day during one of three flexible time slots. These meetings will take place over Zoom.
Who is this for?
If you can identify with any of the following, this week might be helpful to you:
- I long to know Jesus more deeply, especially in this Lenten season.
- This pandemic reality (among others) has done damage to my life with God. I long to reconnect.
- Meditation is something that I have always been interested in. How do I meditate on the Scriptures?
- I only pray in church. I would love to be able to pray throughout the week.
- My work life is one thing and my Christian life another. How do I bring them closer together?
- I need to pray about a situation towards which I feel resentment or bitterness
- There is a situation or decision in my life that I need discernment and wisdom about
- God feels so distant, but Scripture says that God is also close. I would like to experience that.
- I feel like my prayer life is one-way, I’m wondering why I don’t hear from God.
- Silence is hard for me, but I know I need more of it. I need help and structure.
Retreatants can expect to:
- Learn more about prayer and various prayer forms
- Learn about spiritual direction
- Discover what it is like to share your spiritual journey with another person
- Experience a different prayer rhythm in your life
- Deepen your sense of community
- Experience the refreshment that retreat time offers
- Go deeper in the life of Jesus.
Registration Fee: $75. Scholarships available for those in financial hardship.