About this course
Human Rights Sensitivity Training Webinar
Human Rights in the Employment context will be governed by the Canadian Human Rights Act (CHRA) for federally regulated Employers and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) for provincially regulated Employers. Not being familiar with the Human Rights legislation can be very costly to your organization. You can end up discriminating against an employee without intending to do so. In Employment Law once an Employer takes a step it cannot be taken back!
Learning about Human Rights is just a click away! In this Self-Paced Webinar we will discuss the importance of not only learning about human rights, but the responsibility they hold within the employment context and how to be equipped with the knowledge of how to prevent a claim of discrimination.
• What is discrimination?
• What are the prohibited grounds of discrimination under both the CHRA and the OHRC?
• Case law showing cases of discrimination under the various prohibited grounds both under both the CHRA and the OHRC and the types of awards provided by the tribunals and the Court.
• What does it mean Employers duty to accommodate to the point of Undue Hardship?
• What is Undue Hardship and what is Bona Fide Occupational Requirement (BFOR)?
• Supervisors / Managers
• Upper Management
• Board members
• Employers ordered by the CHRA or the OHRC tribunal to take Human Rights Sensitivity Training
CONTACT SDLAW FOR GROUP / CORPORATE RATES
TRAINING COST INCLUDES CERTIFICATE OF ACHIEVEMENT
$479 CAD + HST*
INCLUDING CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION
*CALL SDLAW FOR GROUP RATES