About this course
Come join in for the 2nd Installment of my Illustrative Flair course. This course will last a whole year from April 2021 to April 2022. .....12 full months to explore and grow as an artist. Studying Mary Blair's work has strengthened my own style and work more than any other form of art study. The way she uses color, simple shapes and line design is so deceptively simple, yet sophisticated and genius.
- Registration - $199
- Patreon price is $165 ($20 tier) - Save $14 total if you sign up for Patreon and register from there.
- LIFETIME ACCESS
- 1-2 lessons per month (15 total lessons from me)
- Guest Artists: Trista Hertz, Tangie Baxter, and James Burke! an amazing lineup of Talent!
- Class begins April 26th - with warm up and supply and book talk
- 1st main lesson begins May 10th with Peter Pan - 2 lessons
- and all other lessons will post on the 3rd Monday of the month (and if there are 2 lessons, the 2nd lesson will post on the 4th Monday)
Lessons - The lessons will be themed each month like this (note: these may be changed around based on how my inspiration flows)
- April - intro and basics of gouache, book talk, warm up- Sun
- May - Peter Pan
- June - Alice, Tangie Baxter guest artist zoom June 21st!
- July - Golden Book
- August - Landscape
- September - Cinderella
- October - Ad work
- November - Christmas Card/holiday
- December - Small World character focus
- January 2022 - animal friend
- Feb 2022 - Watermelon girl
- March 2022 - patchwork piece
- April 2022 - lesson on all that we learned. balloon, gazebo piece
Goals for your creative tool belt:
- Breaking down into a more simplified composition
- different character poses
- adding our own voice to work that inspires us - so we won't be making a replication of the exact inspired imagery. But the idea is to take texture, color, and theming and use that as a springboard.
- discovering your style of illustration through play
- we will drink up inspiration from the Colors of Mary Blairexhibit book from Japan
- focus will be on using gouache and some watercolor
Is this class beginner friendly ? This class is geared more towards an intermediate study. If you are looking for something beginner friendly, I would start with Watercolor girl for beginners. Basically if you have taken one class from me, you'll be able to dive into this class no problem.
How long will I have access to the course? Lifetime access.
Do I need all the supplies on the supply list? No, I am all about using what you have on hand. An inexpensive set of gouache (such as Arteza) will be the most important supply of this class.
Will there be a Facebook group? We will be sharing and cheering you on in the classroom.
**SUPPLY list will be emailed to you upon signup. Using what you have on hand is strongly encouraged. This class is not about having the right or exact products but is all about the process of layering gouache and using it to build texture. The most important supplies will be a journal, a gouache set, and some colored pencils