About this Course
Welcome to January's Celebrate the Rhythm of Life Homemaking and Homeschooling Curriculum Program
This "living curriculum program" provides support for both the parent and child, in establishing and maintaining daily, weekly and season rhythms that suit your family. It's a sort of two in one curriculum with material that is specific to the very young child in the nursery years (2-4) as well as for the kindergarten child (4-6). It provides plenty of support for how to work with children in both stages and in mixed age groups. It’s also helpful for families with grade school children.
This month's curriculum is for the season of Winter with stories, songs and crafts that reflect Mother Natures appearance in Winter.
This curriculum also includes support material for the Celebrations and Festivals of New Year's Eve, Twelfth Night and Epiphany.
Because it is a living curriculum program, the material is designed support you, where you are at, right now, with inner reflection throughout the month via an eCourse that is "live" and runs through the month of January. The eCourse provides gentle support that is designed to nourish you and help you facilitate play for your child, without having to buy anything;
Celebrate the Rhythm of Life in Caring for Children in January ~ a living curriculum program consists of a Monthly Guides (eBooks, Tutorials and Community) + an eCourse each month that are grounded in the rhythm of daily, weekly and seasonal living.
Together, the January Seasonal Monthly Guides (eBooks) and the eCourse will:
- inspire you to sing, tell stories and share fingerplays and movement games
- support you to establish and implement daily, weekly and seasonal rhythms
- deepen your understanding of childhood
- deepen your understanding of yourself
- guide you through painting, coloring and modeling
- provide gentle inner work through the month
- provide a warm and wise community
- provide stories, songs, movement games and fingerplays to use with your child
- provide nature crafts and activities for summer
- provide seasonal recipes and tips for making meal times pleasant
- support you to bring rhythm to your home, childcare program or classroom
- help you to notice the little things, deeds, words, gestures that shape each day
In the words of a happy participant:
"Lisa, your Celebrate the Rhythm of Life in Caring for Children ~ living curriculum program has helped me help my family to slow down and appreciate each other more. It has helped me become more clear and confident in my mothering and it has also helped me understand my children better. It also has helped me set up the rhythms we need. Thank you so much. It seems so easy now"
January's eCourse is Get Organized :: Sketch it Out Planning Booster.
The Monthly Guides are in (pdf) format and the eCourse is online. The material and the eCourse is set up for you to stop in, at your convenience to access the material and join the conversation. There is no requirement to be available at a particular time.
Participants may sign up for the month or for the year. After the first year of membership, year round members will have continued access to the program for free.
With Celebrating the Rhythm of Life in Caring for Children in January, you will:
- Receive eBooks with Circles, Stories, Songs, Finger play and Movement Games for January
- Receive a Daily and Weekly Rhythm Plan (if you want it sketched out ~ it’s here for you)
- Receive Menus with recipes based on the kindergarten grains for each day, along with wholesome summer foods and alternatives to grains
- Receive suggestions for Nature crafts and Activities in Winter
- Learn with a step by step Tutorial for Making a Puppet to use with Storytelling.
- Learn with a step by step Guide to Telling Stories with Puppets.
- Explore the pedagogy behind the focus topic of Inspiring play.
- Explore the foods of January to harvest and prepare, preserve and plant with children
- Favorite book suggestions for January
- Receive In the Morning Garden (Tips for caregivers)
- Reflection ~ questions for nurturing the inner life
- Have access to a private website with a private discussion among the group
- Receive enthusiastic daily notices to help you find your stride with rhythm
- Ideas for creating community where you live
- Connect with others, get help and encouragement through the month, create community, find support, receive encouragement!
Pull up a chair at the Celebrate the Rhythm of Life table and join the conversation as you receive support and inspiration for your daily life with children.
includes curriculum material for January and
the Get Organized :: Sketch it Out! Planning Booster eCourse