About this course
Join us to celebrate Summer Solstice Season 2021
Explore the Summer Solstice season and create your own celebrations to honour the peak of Summer Fire and Magic!
This course is for those stepping into the energy of the Summer Solstice of June 20th, as we begin the peak of summer season in the Celtic Wheel of the Year, which is with us until the arrival of Lúnasa on August 1st.
We will use the framework of the Celtic cosmology of Land, Sea and Sky — which exist in both the physical and spiritual realms — to explore the celebrations of Summer Solstice, known as Samhradh in Irish: practices, history, herbs and plants, gods and goddesses, rituals, divination and more.
Here are some of the activities we will explore in the course:
- resources for your practice throughout the yearL an introduction to Plant Medicine and Allies, how to create a relationship with a plant, and the magical beings known as the Sídhe.
- MidSummer Magic: Traditions and history of MidSummer celebrations in Celtic (and other) cultures and spiritualities, a theme for Solstice season and ways to create your own MidSummer solstice celebrations with the Fire element
- Land (Talam), Middle World: connect with your Inner Fire (the Solar Plexus),the herbs of MidSummer, six ways to honour Mama Earth with the herbs of Solstice in amulets and with oils and infusion, work with St John's Wort (a plant associated with Solstice), and craft a Burla Ghuí (Irish for prayer bundle)
- Sea (Muir), Under World and Otherworld: celebrate the Sídhe with crafts and teas, journey to meet a Sídhe/Fairy ally, explore the energies of an animal ally associated with the Sea realm (Swan), celebrate International Fairy Day
- Sky (Nem), Upper World: the medicine of the Sun, Moon and Stars; the "Summer Solstice Light My World" card layout (for Tarot or oracle cards), the gods and goddesses of MidSummer such as Áine, Soul-stice Soul Work including a ritual fire release for Solstice.
Many of these introductory concepts will eventually be the basis of more in-depth courses and workshops.
Course content available on June 13th. Follow at your own pace.
If a participant wishes to cancel their enrolment in an online course post-registration, please visit our website page Refund & Cancellation Policies: Online Courses for details.
Please note that refunds are not available once a course has started, as you have had access to all the materials.