About this course
First lesson starts on June 25th, you're still on time!
Join me for 5 inspirational weeks!
Class is filling up quickly, sign up today!
Workshop will remain open for the rest of the year for you to comment on the forums and revisit the material.
When I paint, I paint from the heart. I capture my dreams, my hopes, my reality and my daydreaming into my art.
If you've ever struggled to find what you like and wondered how to create meaningful art that becomes personal and full of passion, this workshop will be perfect for you.
More than just a painting class, I will show you the mixed media techniques I use on my paintings to journey through my process for creating mixed media art as an outlet for my dreams, my worries and my imagination to create art with a personal and distinctive style that you will love to call your own.
This course consists on 5 weeks of inspiration break down as follows:
- Week 1: Color and Inspiration. In this week we will get inspired! We'll search for those things that really put us in a creative mood and learn how to start and keep a color diary. We'll also explore our personal symbols and begin shaping your true voice.
- Week 2: Backgrounds. We can stay in this topic forever! Backgrounds are my favorite thing to paint and collage and we will have lots of fun creating different backgrounds and papers for our mixed media pieces and art journals during this week.
- Week 3: Art Journaling. I find that keeping an art journal has helped me grow as an artist and find my true voice and I want to share that experience with you. In this week we will learn more about art journaling. We will play with our materials as preparation to paint and have lots of fun.
- Week 4: From sketchbook to canvas. In this week we will begin to construct a mixed media piece from scratch. Follow me as I guide you through my process, from finding the idea to translating it to canvas.
- Week 5: Putting it all together. In our last week we will continue working in our pieces. I'll show you my method to finish a piece and we will have our show and tell. It will be a lot of fun and I can't wait to see what you create from your heart in this class!
How it works?
Each week you'll find many activities that include technique based videos, inspirational posts with images, creative prompts and interviews. All the activities for each week will be available the first day of that week and you'll have until the end of the year to complete them. You can decide the peace at which you'd like to work. The lessons will be there for you to download and re-watch as many times as you'd like and I'll be there to answer your questions and guide you through the process.
When will this class begin?
Class begins on June 25th and will last 5 weeks, until July 27th and you will have until the end of the year to access the site.
How do I sign up?
Just click on the upper right green button that says "Register Now" in this page. It will take you to the check out screen where you will create your user name and password on ruzuku, my host site for the course. Once registered you will be able to access the classroom with the full list of supplies and other info that will be available for you before the course begins.
What if I want to join but I won't be able to make it in those dates?
No worries, you can still join us and work at your own pace because the course will be available during the whole year. That means you have until the end of December to watch the videos and complete the assigments.
Do I need to buy a lot of supplies?
If this is the first time that you work with mixed media you'll have to get some materials, but if you already paint or collage or scrapbook, I bet you have most of what's requiered. I divided the list in two parts, the first one is the must haves and the second is the nice to haves, you decide how much stuff you want to get from that list.
Do I need to know how to paint or draw to take this class?
If by drawing you mean to draw realistic, no, you don't! This course is about finding your artistic voice and putting your heart in your work, not about drawing. And here you will learn the basics to paint backgrounds and girls. If you know how to doodle that's enough for me!
Can I share the workshop or the videos with someone else?
Please don't. I'm putting my heart and a lot of work here and I really appreciate if you keep it to yourself and encourage others to sign up too.
Can I get a refund if I decide not to take it?
Sorry but not refunds.
Can I watch the videos on my Ipad or Iphone?
Yes! As long as you're connected to the internet you can watch the HD videos on your mobile device.
Will I be able to download the class content?
Yes, the videos will remain online until the end of the year and there will be lots of downloadable material for you to keep.
Do I need a high speed internet to take the course?
If you're able to watch videos on your computer then you're ready to go.
Do I have to post my work for everyone to see or join the facebook group?
You don't have to, but it will be more fun if you do! Nothing like feedback from our peers to make our work better!
Can I share the work made here in my blog or facebook page?
Of course! I encourage you to do so.
Can I sell the work I create from the workshop?
What materials are we going to need?
I divided the list in two parts, the first one are requiered materials that we're going to be using a lot and the other part are the optionals or the nice to have. You don't really need them but they will make a nice addition to it.
● Stabilo black pencil
● Rigid substrate. It can be a wood or canvas panel or watercolor paper in any size you'd
● Golden Regular Gel - Matte
● Acrylic paints. I love Golden but you can buy any brand in any colors you like as long as
you include: Black, Raw Sienna, Burnt umber and a beautiful red like Pyrrole Red.
● White gesso (I use it instead of white).
● Regular pencil, eraser and sharpener
● Crackle medium
● Soft pastels in assorted colors. Be sure to include red and a dark brown.
● Assorted brushes. Be sure to get a small one for fine details and a medium one to use
with the gel medium.
● Sanding block.
● Patterned and vintage papers and ephemera.
● Stencils (The Crafter's Workshop have some great ones).
● Old credit card or gift card
● Assorted texture making stuff like sponges, liners, sponges, burlap, bubble wrap, soft
● Workable fixative.
● Journal or basic notebook
● Paper towels
● A jar for water
● Clear gesso
● Transfer paper
● Rub ons
● Spray inks
● Vintage Style Mica
● Washi tape
● Oil painting in burnt umber
● Cotton rag or old t-shirt
● Paper doilies
● Spray mists
● Diecut cardstock Pieces
● Lino cut set
● Carving block
● Ink pad
● Caran D'ache Neocolor artist crayons
Any other questions?
Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will happily answer them.
See you there!