About this course
We are so excited to offer you our first Christmas Snowman Sew-a-long. We will be doing a bit of a mystery quilt as we build our blocks separately. You will have faces and heads to choose from so that you can build some snowmen you love. If you only like one you are welcome to use just one. This is going to be another fun project for us to complete before Christmas, if not this year then next! LOL You will have access to all the files and videos, webinars etc that go along with this fun project forever. You can access them anytime so you can make this quilt or table runner any time you like!! Join us for another amazing adventure in 2021!
Decide now if you want to quilt as you go by adding batting during the stitching phase or just stitch on stabilizer and add the batting later. You choose your best and preferred method.
What is so great about this project is that if you do not want to make a quilt these blocks can be easily assembled for a table runner, wall hanging, place mats, bench pillow etc. We will also be doing it together, posting photos here and on FB or Instagram to share our progress. Let's get everyone excited!!
Inside each lesson you will get the files, PDF color instructions, SVG files, videos (if available that week), access to me and more! We will be able to stay connected as a community and share photos and ideas. These will make some wonderful holidays gifts and pillows!
Here are the general fabric requirements needed if you are going to pull scraps from your stash then these will change. Its just a guideline.
- 1 1/4 yards for the large Presents, these will require some out of the hoop sewing but assembly will be in the hoop
- 1 1/2 yrds for the backgrounds for the Snowmen. You can use white or another fun fabric. It will give you a head applique so you head can be white and your background a different color. Just remember that the presents could get busy so think of that as you choose your fabrics.
- 5/8 yard for small presents
- 1/2 yard for sashing
- 2/3 yards for optional Christmas Light border. If you want to split your borders you will need another 2/3 yard of a different fabric
- Assorted large pieces of Christmas Fabrics for bows, ribbon, hats, scarfs etc.
A new Snowman will be stitch out each week, you will want to create 5 snowmen per head each week.
The Large present will require some pre-sewing and then created and quilted in the hoop.
*You are welcome to use your stash and make all the Snowmen and presents different fabrics, if so your fabric requirements will be different. We think some fabric bundle sales of Christmas fabrics would be fun!
I hope you will join us, if you arrive late you will have access to all the previous blocks released.