About this Course
Ready, Set, GO! 7 Questions to Answer Before You Begin Your Family History Project
Are you planning a family history project like a book, or an oral history, or a collection of photos? This FREE on-demand online course will suggest 7 questions that you will benefit from answering before you start - to save you time, money - and aggravation.
Rather than just jumping in, spend an hour or so doing some thoughtful planning. The course instructors (Jennifer Sauers and Kristi Woodworth) have gleaned much experience from the hundreds of client projects they've helped with over the past 7 years. Learn some tips from them so that you avoid pitfalls and delays later in your project.
This course is for you if you:
- Recognize the importance of preserving your family's heritage for future generations
- Have thought about putting together a project, like a book.
- Want some ideas and suggestions to ponder in advance of your project that you might not have already thought of
- Want to save aggravation by avoiding situations which can burn up your budget and your time
- Want to avoid "re-work" and "do-overs" that can occur if you don't know what to expect
What you need to take this course:
- An email address
- Access to a computer and comfort with navigating the online course (we promise, it’s super easy)
- About an hour to review the course material, and another hour to thoughtfully consider the questions posed
How it works:
- The course will be taught online, but at your convenience
- You can access the course immediately after registering
- After registering, you will receive an email with a link to the course
- The lessons are available 24/7
- Each question will be explained and examples will be provided
- You will have access to the lessons indefinitely
- There are no grades – you can’t do it “wrong”
A brief overview of this course:
- You will meet the instructors and learn about the mechanics of the course
- Each question will be detailed, and examples and resources will be shared
- At the end of the course you will receive a free downloadable worksheet that summarizes the information and gives you a space to jot down your answers
Your investment of an hour or so in the course will help you make wise decisions as you plan and pursue your project!