About this course
The Folkloom School Presents...
How to Become a Skills for Change Coach
Welcome to the Folkloom School’s 2022 Skills for Change Coaching Certification Program
I'm delighted you have decided to join the Skills for Change Coaching Certification Program.
You are joining a community of radical, conscientious, pro-social folks who want to make their communities better places by offering skillful embodied change practices, support for trust-based relating, cooperative communication tools and a power-analysis that makes the underlying dynamics clear so we can negotiate them.
As the lineage bearer for Skills for Change Coaching, I commit to supporting your learning and success now and in the future.
Because we are dealing with a constant assault against our wellbeing by the forces of systemic oppression and the objectification of capitalism, we need each other to take individual and collective action on behalf of our belonging and wellbeing.
Thank you for your presence and your trust.
Here is the list of the requirements for the 2022 Skills for Change Coaching Certification Program:
- Application to Become a Skills for Change Coach
- Skills for Change Coaching Workshop (44 hours online, 20 hours in person)
- Skills for Change Mediation Workshop (44 hours online, 20 hours in person)
- Skills for Change Bodywork Workshop (4 hours online, 60 hours in-person)
- 36 Hours Practice: Coaching, Bodywork &/or Mediations
- Skills for Change Coaching Supervision Package (6 hours)
- Skills for Change Coaching Skills Self-test, Demo & Portfolio
- Skills for Change Coaching Certification Completion Workshop (12 hours in-person)
- All requirements must be complete before you attend the Skills for Change Completion Workshop.
A teaching team will be helping me present the Skills for Change Coaching Program in 2022.
Part of what helps build a new coach’s confidence is working with people who don't know the material. If you need live support, your coach supervisor can observe your session and supervise in person.
If not, you can record the session and review the recording in your supervision session. Plan to get supervision (in person or via reviewing a recording) for at least two sessions per modality (coaching, mediation and bodywork). These feedback sessions will count towards your 6 supervision hours.
I am excited about the 2022 Coaching Program, and know that it will help you build your power as an individual and as a coach, mediator & bodyworker.
The Skills for Change Coaching Program may also be completed in a solo apprenticeship style.
I’m unsure if I will offer any apprenticeships in the future. You can add yourself to my waiting list knowing that it may not happen.
Or, Thea Bieling and Sara Russell are both able to certify Skills for Change Coaches, and you can reach out to either of them to learn more about their programs.
We'll meet on Zoom Mondays and Wednesdays from 4 - 6 pm PT / 5 - 7 pm MT / 6 - 8 pm CT / 7 - 9 pm ET.
Our first meeting will be Monday, January 24 from 4 - 6 pm PT 5 - 7 pm MT / 6 - 8 pm CT / 7 - 9 pm ET.
Each month we'll meet 12 hours on Zoom. The Coaching and Mediation modules will each feature a 3-day weekend intensive. The Bodywork module will feature three 3-day weekend intensives. The Skills for Change Completion Workshop will be a 2-day weekend intensive. We'll schedule all weekend intensives as a group, as well as the four Zoom hours for the Bodywork course.
The Google calendar for the program can be found here. (It's only visible to you if I add you to the calendar -- I will do so if the calendar will help you decide to enroll in the course.) So far only the Coaching & Mediation Zoom sessions have been scheduled.
The total cost of the program: $10,150 - 14,250 sliding scale.
Click here to pay $14,250 Top Scale. Your payment will contribute to the scholarship fund and allow one student to attend free of charge.
Scholarships, equity pricing and payment plans available upon request.
The individual elements of the program are:
- Application to Become a Skills for Change Coach -- $300 - $500 sliding scale administration fee to enter the Skills for Change Coaching Program, due upon acceptance.
- Skills for Change Coaching Workshop -- $2600 - $3800 sliding scale
- Skills for Change Bodywork Workshop -- $2600 - $3800 sliding scale
- Skills for Change Mediation Workshop -- $2600 - $3800 sliding scale
- Skills for Change Coaching Supervision Package -- 6 sessions with a Skills for Change Coach Supervisor, $200 per session, $1200 total. You will select your Coach Supervisor at the beginning of the program, and must complete your sessions by the end of the program.
- Skills for Change Coaching Skills Self-Test and Portfolio Review -- included in the program administration fee
- Skills for Change Completion Workshop -- $850 - $1150 sliding scale
- 36 Hours Practice: Coaching, Bodywork &/or Mediations -- you may charge clients a nominal fee for these practice sessions if this is your first training as a coach. If you are adding the Skills for Change Coaching approach to your previously established practice, you may charge your standard rate for these sessions. If you charge $75 for these sessions, you will make $2700, a nice opportunity to defray some of the costs!
What you need to do: submit the 2022 Skills for Change Coaching Program Application. Complete your application by December 30, 2021 to join the 2022 program.
Schedule a free Empowerment Session to discuss if this cohort and program is right for you and your learning goals.