About this course
Join us to celebrate Imbolg, aka Early Spring, and the goddess Brighid
Imbolg arrives around 01-February in the Northern Hemisphere, and 01-August in the Southern Hemisphere, and we will be in that Imbolg energy until Spring Equinox arrives.
You may know Brighid as a triple goddess, with aspects of Healer, Poet and Smith. And yet each of these are associated with one of the realms in the Irish cosmology of Land (Smithcraft), Sea (Healing) and Sky (Poetry & Divination).
Together will will explore Imbolg and Brighid's gifts and realms with ritual, blessings, crafts, herbs, divination practices and guided journey to Brighid’s Forge.
The course will also be open again for those in the Southern Hemisphere.
In this course, you will:
- follow the seasonal energy from Imbolg through to Spring Equinox inspired by the goddess energies of Brighid
- explore the Wheel of the Year, its historic roots and contemporary practices, and how Imbolg fits into that cycle
- explore the significance and origins of Imbolg (not just a day, but a season!), how it was practiced in the past and how we can bring a contemporary view to the celebrations
- create your own personal Imbolg, on your own timing based on the manifesting of Early Spring in your locale, aided by a phenology wheel
- explore the mythologies and roots of the goddess Brighid: as the goddess of Healing, Poetry and The Forge/ Smithcraft, as Saint Brigid, her connections with ancient Bear goddesses and her connections with the realms of Sea, Sky and Land.
- call on Brighid for inspiration in her three realms that also manifest within you (poet, healer and creator/creatrix)
- learn rituals / ceremonies for Imbolg and Là Fhéill Bhrìghde (St. Brigid’s Day) including:
- laying out a Brat Bridhe on Imbolg Eve
- downloadable candle blessings for Imbolg and Brighid (as this day is also celebrated as Candlemas in Christian practices)
- craft an Earth Candle, Brighid doll, Brighid's cross and more
- explore herbs, incense and oils for Brighid and Imbolg
- journey to Brighid's Forge to inspire your creativity as we move into Spring. In this recorded guided meditation, you will connect and attune to your Inner Cauldrons, ignite your Inner Fires, and receive a Spirit gift from Brighid.
The course is now open for registration.
If a participant wishes to cancel their enrolment in an online course post-registration, please visit our website page Refund & Cancellation Policies: Online Courses for details.
Please note that refunds are not available once a course has started, as you have had access to the materials.
By registering for this course, we collect and use the personal information you provide that is required to contact you about this course, and will add you to an email list for participants in courses hosted on the Ruzuku platform. However, within the course itself, you will have immediate access to a Notifications page, where you can choose to opt-out of emails for this specific course or events.
You control your information and how it is used. When you receive any email from Inner Journey Events, at the footer you will see two links:
- Unsubscribe You will be deleted from all future mailings in all segments.
- Manage Your Preferences You can opt in or out for the email(s) you wish to receive, which currently includes:
- Inner Journey Events newsletter
- Moon Seeds newsletter
- Residents of the Vancouver + Lower Mainland area (for contacting about future live events)