About this course
For alternate pricing options:
- Subsidized pricing of $60 please visit this page.
- Supporting pricing of $240 please visit this page.
- Scholarship requests, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Samādhi is deep meditative concentration state that can give rise to tremendous joy and bliss. In this two-day retreat we will learn about the levels of concentration that accompany samādhi and how to develop good meditative habits and practices that invite our awareness to these deep states of concentration and absorption. This retreat would be beneficial for beginning and intermediate meditators, in both Zen and Theravada Buddhist traditions.
The format of the retreat includes:
- talks, instruction, and guided meditation practices
- group discussion on the practices and experiences
- ample opportunity for questions or comments with Stephen
- three-month access to the retreat recording
Stephen Doetsu Snyder is a retired attorney and a senior meditation teacher in the Buddhist Theravada and Zen traditions. He is the author of five books, including Demystifying Awakening, Buddha’s Heart, and Practicing the Jhanas. He works with students worldwide as well as leading online and in-person retreat in the U.S., the U.K., and Europe.